sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Red face If at first you don't succeed, do something else

Quote Originally Posted by moka View Post
    Was that you jumping into the plane PT?
    I am the third flyer, the one you see at the beginning who misses and tumbles out of the sky.
    Luckily Cats always land on their feet.

Unlike Dogs who fall flat on their faces.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Its not unheard of for air traffic control to make a bad call or to make mistakes. Perhaps there was a good reason why the pilots didn't follow ATC instructions. Lets wait for the investigation result before we start casting aspersions on the pilots performance and the airline shall we.

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/BU171...o-adelaide.htm
    Last edited by Beagle; 30-11-2017 at 09:47 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Thumbs down Beware of the Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Its not unheard of for air traffic control to make a bad call or to make mistakes. Perhaps there was a good reason why the pilots didn't follow ATC instructions. Lets wait for the investigation result before we start casting aspersions on the pilots performance and the airline shall we....
    Well, we had all moved on, but has you bring the subject up again:

Hopefully AIR and it's employees will admit it, if they made a mistake, and not try to shift the blame by insinuation.
    om mani peme hum

I wonder if AIR pilots have an ignore button like we thankfully do on here ?

In some people's eyes people are guilty until proven innocent and there is no possibility whatsoever that some junior ATC controller made a bad call. Please PT, don't ever try and join the judiciary or any investigative board.
    Last edited by Beagle; 30-11-2017 at 12:33 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Default It must be painful being so besotted

I have accused AIR of nothing but you will insist on dragging this back up and making excuses and trying to shift blame long before the outcome is actually known.

I see you can still buy tickets to and from Denpasar through AIR, doubt there are many takers at present.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/BU171...trol-tower.htm

Interesting technology that could extend operational hours at N.Z. airports.

A lot of profit taking going on by the looks of it since the high of about 3.60 in September. I'm happy to keep on holding for now, but it seems people are getting nervous at the higher crude oil prices.

The results so far on the monthly have been solid yet unspectacular so given the crude oil prices going up, the hedging and the monthly result its anyones guess really on how the company is tracking vs FY 17. I would be very hesitant pricing this at the moment.

Yields are up 2.8%, RPK's are also up, they're using more fuel efficient aircraft and most of their fuel and currency is hedged. Not that hard to join the dots in my opinion.

Professional analysts forecasts for the next three years http://www.4-traders.com/AIR-NEW-ZEA...07/financials/
    Last edited by Beagle; 03-12-2017 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Yields are up 2.8%, RPK's are also up, they're using more fuel efficient aircraft and most of their fuel and currency is hedged. Not that hard to join the dots in my opinion.

Professional analysts forecasts for the next three years http://www.4-traders.com/AIR-NEW-ZEA...07/financials/
    Last I remember analysts calling on AIR was on a share price less than $2 and then it jumped over $3. I tend not to listen to outside noise too much. The so called analysts have not been kind to AIR.