sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Good summary Beagle. Thanks. Not sure what to think of it all. I'm booked to fly on one of those machines from Buenos Aires to Auckland next week so watching their announcements with great interest !!
    You're welcome mate. I'm not sure what to make of it either but I think its incredibly unfortunate that AIR experienced two incidents on consecutive days. The fact that Civil aviation are investigating gives you a clue that there may be more to this than meets the eye. Anyway...I have been told some information in confidence that I feel I can't post on the forum. I have sold the rest of my shares. Sorry folks but I have to respect that source. The risk of another event and the business risks of the existing events is not correctly reflected in the share price at this point in time in my opinion.
    Last edited by Beagle; 11-12-2017 at 12:10 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    You're welcome mate. I'm not sure what to make of it either but I think its incredibly unfortunate that AIR experienced two incidents on consecutive days. The fact that Civil aviation are investigating gives you a clue that there may be more to this than meets the eye. Anyway...I have been told some information in confidence that I feel I can't post on the forum. I have sold the rest of my shares. Sorry folks but I have to respect that source. The risk of another event and the business risks of the existing events is not correctly reflected in the share price at this point in time in my opinion.
    Thanks for the heads-up Beagle and your analysis and honesty about mitigating your shareholding risks by completely selling out. It is confounding that the SP continues upwards, but one could take that as opportunity to sell into strength, while the market does take time to absorb the media reports and the weasel words from RR and Air, well spotted by you the statement "at this stage". I'd be considering another mitigation, of not flying in one of those planes with the dodgy engines, and I'm a bit surprised that Air with their impeccable safety record haven't just grounded all the planes until further notice, albeit a big call commercially and for shareholders.
    Last edited by Baa_Baa; 11-12-2017 at 12:29 PM.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Red face Words fail me!

So Beagle has gone from one extreme to the other, as he always does.

Anyway you can now fly Hi Fly and eat paella:

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11957358

Lol
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    So Beagle has gone from one extreme to the other, as he always does.

Anyway you can now fly Hi Fly and eat paella:

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11957358

Lol
    Paper Tiger
    Your 13 year campaign of negativity is the stuff of legend around here PT. My posts this morning are objective and some material info I have cannot be posted.
    Great that AIR have secured some replacement capacity so quickly, they'll need it. Its a well managed company that is presently encountering a major headwind.
    Once we see how they travel through the challenges they face I'll be more than happy to be a shareholder in this well managed company again. In the meantime I used the funds to add to my position in PPH.
    Last edited by Beagle; 11-12-2017 at 12:48 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Thumbs down Best to stay in bed all day and hope the roof does not fall in

and a little pipeline 'scare' yesterday apparently:

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11957111

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

I proactively manage my portfolio to achieve a good risk adjusted portfolio return including a good balance of dividends and capital gains. You of course are welcome to take any approach you like PT.

Iceman - you will be travelling on a 777 200 or 777 300.

You will not be on a 787 Dreamliner.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Good summary Beagle. Thanks. Not sure what to think of it all. I'm booked to fly on one of those machines from Buenos Aires to Auckland next week so watching their announcements with great interest !!

Go The Warriors "This Year!"

Quote Originally Posted by Chinesekiwi View Post
    Iceman - you will be travelling on a 777 200 or 777 300.

You will not be on a 787 Dreamliner.
    787's still scheduled on those services as far as I know. Definitely not 777-300...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Your 13 year campaign of negativity is the stuff of legend around here PT
    That's hilarious 13 years of this stuff I'm a four month noob and seen many many examples in the crypto thread how do ya'll put up with it? Ignore button would help I suppose.
    So its fair to say he went from

tigger.png

to this

ShereKhan.jpg

or has he always been a grumpy puss
    Last edited by Fatboyj; 11-12-2017 at 04:21 PM.

percy

On Sharetrader Paper Tiger is the contributor whose posts I respect the most.