sharetrader
Page 130 of 2020 FirstFirst ... 30801201261271281291301311321331341401802306301130 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 20193

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Banned

Get a grip people and read my post #1322 simply a response to gv1s post about the price dropping to $1.50,others then kept this going, must be time to take a few weeks off the forum I think,have a nice week

modamdm - Nice post, thanks. People are paying really stretched PE's, (circa 35) for certain sectors such as the retirement sector which don't really have any better growth profile than AIR in my opinion.
    What some seem to have forgotten is yes while its true we have an aging demographic that will be looking to fill retirement homes en-masse we also have a massive baby boomer population coming up to 65 who are wealthy and want to travel A LOT, myself included.

Guru

Me too--off again in 10 days again(Thailand this time with Thai air,which I quite like) It would be interesting to know if AIRs other routes are as full as the Vancouver-Auckland.
    Couts--I probably should have kept my mouth shut--Your ''beating the nutters into submission'' came on the back of hearing that 70 palistinian children have been killed so far (collateral damage?) caught me in one of those moods--apologies for straying off topic..

Hunting for Heuristic trends

time:16:22 325,000 @ 202.5
    time: 16:26 300,000 @ 202.5

Seller exiting with (202.5 / 195) 3.84% profit in one day.
    ...they may be expecting a fall_back
    Last edited by arc; 21-07-2014 at 05:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    It would be interesting to know if AIRs other routes are as full as the Vancouver-Auckland.
    I travelled the AKL -> LAX route a couple of weeks ago. Plane full. Not much Isle room in those 777's down in cattle-class.

http://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/seat-map-boeing-777-300

I liked those nice roomy 747's of old. You could even have a game of cricket with your bread roll down the isle.

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    Nice big blue candle with positive cover of past few weeks declines. $1.90 looking like the near term floor right now. Looking to break the 10 day MA @ $2.06 for further gains upcoming to 30 day MA @ $2.16. Charts still looking a bit sick but should pick up soon if this plays out

Disc - yup, still holding! And bought more today. Couldn't help myself
    I tried to buy more today, got beaten at the open and pulled a sour puss all day and wouldn't up my ante from $196.5, sometimes being obstinate doesn't pay
    Last edited by Beagle; 21-07-2014 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
    AKL-YVR is certainly a route that's suited to the 787 and I too would love to see that aircraft scheduled on that service. Perhaps later flying on from YVR to a European destination such as FRA? I'd hesitate to create another LHR link albeit via Canada. I think most likely, once more aircraft arrive Air NZ will adhere to their original plan of one further North American destination such as ORD or DEN.

I wonder whether the Spaceseat will ever make an appearance on the 787? Personally I like that seat much better than the standard premium economy offering, but perhaps the floor area it consumes in the aircraft adversely affects yields?
    The Dreamliner won't be fitted with the space seat.

The spaceseat will remain on the 773 as these planes fly the US London routes and demand is there for this type of seating.

The 787 is targeted towards Asia, less demand for premium seating.

Airnz are currently fitting out their 772 fleet and will be very similar to the 787 layout. Somehow they are going to add an extra seat in each economy row.

Hunting for Heuristic trends

Nice big blue candle with positive cover of past few weeks declines. $1.90 looking like the near term floor right now. Looking to break the 10 day MA @ $2.06 for further gains upcoming to 30 day MA @ $2.16. Charts still looking a bit sick but should pick up soon if this plays out

Disc - yup, still holding! And bought more today. Couldn't help myself
    Good move Moosie
    I will be watching the trend like a hawk, There could be a reversal coming?... or not.
    I see a 68K block waiting at 205, action might plateau there for a couple of hours... or it might just steamroller straight through.?

If there is I expect a deceleration delta on volume and price movements, and potentially the reappearance of those abnormal small volume trades at below average price.
    For me that will be time to exit and wait for the trough to bottom again.
    Last edited by arc; 22-07-2014 at 08:54 AM.

Sorry Roger, I couldn't help myself with them going so cheap. Somebody had to get the ball rolling this morning!
    You cheeky bugger, you owe me a beer.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by brend View Post
    The Dreamliner won't be fitted with the space seat.

The spaceseat will remain on the 773 as these planes fly the US London routes and demand is there for this type of seating.

The 787 is targeted towards Asia, less demand for premium seating.

Airnz are currently fitting out their 772 fleet and will be very similar to the 787 layout. Somehow they are going to add an extra seat in each economy row.
    That sucks---the montreal-vancouver domestic had more leg room that the Vancouver -Auckland international--I felt sorry for the tall and old people--(it gets pretty bad when you cant bend down to get the pen you dropped)