sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    No change unless your skis are 2m plus and weigh over 23kg (Only a few old school guys ski on that length nowdays) so you'll be all good. PS-I remember flying Jetstar 5 years ago from WGTN to Q/Town and we took 2 carry on bags each weighing around 10kg, no probs back then, plenty of people were loaded like pack horse's.
    Oversized handling fees include any bag with a dimension bigger than 100cm including skis mate. And it ain’t cheap. https://www.jetstar.com/nz/en/flights/baggage

Last minute dash to Brisbane yesterday. Business class on Virgin was adequate. Nothing like air nz but it was a timing issue and still have my favorite airline. Lounge was pretty quiet too...

Good on Dave - cashing in just short of a million.

Deserves every penny of it

He’s pretty clever at picking the spikes in the share price or has a good fin advisor
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Good on Dave - cashing in just short of a million.

Deserves every penny of it

He’s pretty clever at picking the spikes in the share price or has a good fin advisor
    He's a recidivist offender when it comes to selling his shares, can't wait to get his snout into the trough.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    He's a recidivist offender when it comes to selling his shares, can't wait to get his snout into the trough.
    That's the trouble with owning this stock, your supporting a lot of elitist troughers to get extra fat.

That's the trouble with owning this stock, your supporting a lot of elitist troughers to get extra fat.
    Very true mate but the fat beagle can get his snout into a few good feeds off the dividends so I can't help myself being a dividend hound. No point fighting who you really are is there
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Membaa

Sadly some of those you refer to are Directors and senior management, always cashing out to bolster their pathetic salaries. Oh .. hang on, they're not pathetic salaries are they, some would say they very very well paid, along with super profits from dividends and quitting stocks while they're 'in the know' (in the allowable window to divest) whereas the majority of shareholders aren't, in the know. Some have been scathing of that recidivist behaviour but are now ameliorating their stance based on their own opportunity for sustained fat dividends. Truth is stranger than fiction and some shareholders are more fickle than evidenced by a few, or even many, posts on Sharetrader.

Membaa

On a another note AIR has bounced nicely off $2.86 pushing above all MA's resistance and put on some decent capital gains, so maybe the market will brush aside the insider sales this time, as it has done so many times before. Capital upside + super sized dividends, it's no wonder some are attracted to AIR. Best to be cognisant of the chart, imho. Run with the upside, quit the downside. Be quick and nimble with this cyclical with so many moving parts, discount the rhetoric (of which this is also probably, lol).

BAA
    Last edited by Baa_Baa; 06-03-2018 at 08:55 PM.

Banned

Very true mate but the fat beagle can get his snout into a few good feeds off the dividends so I can't help myself being a dividend hound. No point fighting who you really are is there
    My snout is currently jammed firmly in a certain Milk Pail, so extreme divvy hunting is on the back-burner this year.
    Last edited by couta1; 06-03-2018 at 09:03 PM.

Advanced Member

See my post 22/2/18. Well against some "doggy" looking TA this happy hound is quite pleased so far that FA is winning the day...oh wait..is that now a clear break above the 100 day MA I see
    So Beagle, last month (the day after you sold your shares) the company was a disaster waiting to happen, post after post rubbishing it. I seem to remember you saying you would only be interested in picking some up for around 2.50. Yet now it appears you back on board at a much higher price, and suddenly Air is a bargain.
    How do you account for this abrupt about face?? one you have repeated on numerous other stocks. A casual observer might be forgiven for suspecting you of unsportsmanlike behavior

As usual Ratkin your observations are conspicuously wide of the mark. Shares were sold several months ago as one engine after another imploded on itself. The risks were clear to see for even a casual observer, there's a good chap try and keep up. AIR management made it clear at the half year result in late February that they are well on their way through the Rolls Royce engine problem fix and they also made it clear that the outlook for full year profit, (much to my surprise given the significant challenges they've faced) is still for profit growth over FY17. The stock has been substantially de-risked since December 2017 and the shares when I bought them were considerably better value than previously. Further, the outlook is now considerably better than some people including myself were expecting it might be several months ago. Aviation is a fast paced and dynamic environment. Those not prepared to follow closely are probably better suited to other types of shares. A casual observer could be well advised to watch more closely or not bother at all.
    Last edited by Beagle; 06-03-2018 at 10:42 PM.