sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

TA chart for AIR shows a steady sp decline trend since mid Jul’17, with the potential for engine problems to have added a much higher risk if the situation had not been addressed promptly and properly. Probably was prudent to sell then. We now have a ray of hope with an upturn in sp above 100 MA. Assessment is so easy in hindsight. So Ratkin, what does your crystal ball tell you for the future AIR sp? Noted is the present senior management sell-off of shares, a repeat performance of a year ago, not a good look for a company that appears to have good prospects for the next 2 - 3 years.

Investor

Last day today to buy in if you wanna collect that juicy divvy, goes ex-div tomorrow and money in the bank a/c by end of next week, pretty cool aye...engine issues or no engine issues, business as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    My snout is currently jammed firmly in a certain Milk Pail, so extreme divvy hunting is on the back-burner this year.
    Why wait for the dividend unless you really need the ICs..collected the equivalent dividend via the capital gain (and more) a while back, 28 cent gain in a matter of days...

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    Why wait for the dividend unless you really need the ICs..collected the equivalent dividend via the capital gain (and more) a while back, 28 cent gain in a matter of days...

Just like Dave Morgan ....he didn’t bother wait for his divie on his million bucks worth either

Took the money and ran
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

You know the strange thing though...I have this vague recollection that a couple of bright blokes collected their dividend on HLG a while back and selling in the mid $3 range in December 2017 before it went ex the whopping December dividend. Wonder how it worked out for them that time...
    Last edited by Beagle; 07-03-2018 at 03:30 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Cool ad from Air NZ

https://twitter.com/flyairnz/status/971430285828149248

.......but I wonder if they truely ‘get it’
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Last day today to buy in if you wanna collect that juicy divvy, goes ex-div tomorrow and money in the bank a/c by end of next week, pretty cool aye...engine issues or no engine issues, business as usual.
    About to board my first Dreamliner long haul flight since the engine issue came up. Will be watching the engine to see how it appears down in the Antarctic. Will buy more AIR on Monday if we make it 😓

$3.30 now...looks like the stock in a hurry to cross previous days close...Thank goodness,I did not sell yesterday.
    Last edited by carrom74; 08-03-2018 at 03:47 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by carrom74 View Post
    $3.30 now...looks like the stock in a hurry to cross previous days close...Thank goodness,I did not sell yesterday.
    The perfect divvy strip for some hounds, collect double the diivy on the Ex day, you don't see that too often.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    About to board my first Dreamliner long haul flight since the engine issue came up. Will be watching the engine to see how it appears down in the Antarctic. Will buy more AIR on Monday if we make it ��
    They will be a lot cheaper if you don't !