sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Good to see Chris Luxon and Tony Cater earning their wages.

The school yard bully is just throwing his weight around. This will die down and blow over soon enough.
    https://www.msn.com/en-nz/money/comp...cid=spartandhp
    We must keep a close eye on this.
    A few years ago Lyttleton Port Co. had nearly settled a strike, when the union went to ChCh Labour City Council ,who owned the majority shareholding in Lyttelton Port Co,and demanded they step into the dispute. Two ChCh City Holdings directors,Paddy Austin and Craig Boyce [chairman of SCY],met with Lyttleton Port Co Chairman Dr.Brent Layton and demanded he settled the strike in the unions favour.Layton resigned and kept his reputation intact.ChCh City Holdings then appointed Barney [my grandfather was a ship's captain] chairman.The Lyttelton Port Co's share price went into a down trend straight away,and shareholders only got out when ChCh City holdings brought them out..
    A hopeless situation which I am sure Shane Jones would like to see repeated .
    People like Shane Jones do not give in.
    I would not be surprised to see the whole AIR board resign,when the current government appoint "their" director when a vacancy arises.

Google Lyttleton chairman resigns.
    Last edited by percy; 21-03-2018 at 06:16 PM.

Dilettante

We should all be selling Beagle and workingdad. Jones said in the interview linked above that AIR has had 9 years which will be the "golden era of the company" and now its all over !! Surprisingly the PM was quick off her feet and told Jones to shut up, so I might just hold on a little longer

sell order in...... for 3.70 haha.

To be honest though, I really think they need to do better with how they handle legitimate complaints. The bad press just isn't worth it and having had first hand experience having to drag compensation out of them with regard to baggage issues business class to Vancouver I thought they needed to up their game. Its in the press somewhat consistently so would seem par for the course rather than an exception to the rule.....

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=12016562

Qantas shareprice didn’t do too well under their last Labour government in Australia.
    (I think)

Didn’t they ground their whole fleet because of an industrial dispute - the old saying why do we only have major industrial unrest under Labour (or Labor if you Aussie)
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    We should all be selling Beagle and workingdad. Jones said in the interview linked above that AIR has had 9 years which will be the "golden era of the company" and now its all over !! Surprisingly the PM was quick off her feet and told Jones to shut up, so I might just hold on a little longer
    Market today reckons ... Jones 0, AIR 1

Don't be too hasty, the blowhard versus the immovable legislation. Anyone unsure about what the government can or cannot do (let alone a lone wolf Minister), should read the legislation. Shane Jones appears to have not done his homework.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post

Don't be too hasty, the blowhard versus the immovable legislation. Anyone unsure about what the government can or cannot do (let alone a lone wolf Minister), should read the legislation. Shane Jones appears to have not done his homework.
    He just thinks all that legislation is gobbly-gook.

Missed by that much

My son is a pilot for Qantas flying their domestic routes. He commented that they are so many pilots short that the remaining pilots are flying their maximum number of hours. This situation is common to most airlines, including AIR.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post

Im thinking that Jonesy is reading his Penthouse upside down !!

Banned

Good article in the Herald this morning by Mike Hosking about that Jones Thug and Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Good article in the Herald this morning by Mike Hosking about that Jones Thug and Air NZ.
    This is more telling article .. Jacinda and her government creating uncertainity in the business world and business hates uncertainity

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/opi...ng-uncertainty
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”