sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Good article in the Herald this morning by Mike Hosking about that Jones Thug and Air NZ.
    Shane Jones gets the Hosking double barrel even got the wife to chime in ....
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=12017708

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    Shane Jones gets the Hosking double barrel even got the wife to chime in ....
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=12017708
    Shane loving every bit of it though

Just gets him more fired up
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

IMO

Good article in the Herald this morning by Mike Hosking about that Jones Thug and Air NZ.
    Hosings is on a parr with whale oil imo.

Interesting and ironical that Johnkey was also supportive of the regions getting better pricing and service"key talked about monopoly type positions and the need to deliver fair pricing to the regions"

"And in 2015 key was shoulder to shoulder with qantas group top brass at the launch of Jetstar regional services and he said kiwis in the regions would be cheering wildly" BOP times today.

Shane jones is getting a lot of support coming in from the regions and their mayors.
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 22-03-2018 at 10:23 AM. Reason: Jetstar not Jesters although it kinda fits now

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Hosings is on a parr with whale oil imo.

Interesting and ironical that Johnkey was also supportive of the regions getting better pricing and service"key talked about monopoly type positions and the need to deliver fair pricing to the regions"

"And in 2015 key was shoulder to shoulder with qantas group top brass at the launch of jesters regional services and he said kiwis in the regions would be cheering wildly" BOP times today.

Shane jones is getting a lot of support coming in from the regions and their mayors.

This is a political win for Shane Jones..he looks like a champion for the regions..the details/follow up do not matter. The timing of this is interesting as talk back starts to harp on that AIR cannot afford regional services however its claimed finds 1.5 million to bring Mr O here...the optics on this are bad.

All up.... what do you think as shareholders we are paying for me to have dinner and hear from Mr O tonight i.e per head.

Well I hope the regional thug is seated down the back by the toilets and listens intently to Obama's musings about leadership as he could certainly do with a few pointers !
    He deserves to be stripped of his regional portfolio is he keeps up his unwarranted bully boy campaign.
    Last edited by Beagle; 22-03-2018 at 10:26 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    This is a political win for Shane Jones..he looks like a champion for the regions..the details/follow up do not matter. The timing of this is interesting as talk back starts to harp on that AIR cannot afford regional services however its claimed finds 1.5 million to bring Mr O here...the optics on this are bad.

All up.... what do you think as shareholders we are paying for me to have dinner and hear from Mr O tonight i.e per head.
    All I can say is I hope you're doing the decent thing and flying AIR to get up here.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Well I hope the regional thug is seated down the back by the toilets and listens intently to Obama's musings about leadership as he could certainly do with a few pointers !
    He deserves to be stripped of his regional portfolio is he keeps up his unwarranted bully boy campaign.
    LOL yep he s on a roll with this ,worried about your divis are you, dont give a hoot about the regions overpaying and under serviced, sounds very divisive to me just what we want for the times, NOT. Spend a few mill on obama coming and invite the elite along stuff the regions thats what it looks like.

Banned

LOL yep he s on a roll with this ,worried about your divis are you, dont give a hoot about the regions overpaying and under serviced, sounds very divisive to me just what we want for the times, NOT. Spend a few mill on obama coming and invite the elite along stuff the regions thats what it looks like.
    The whole thing is just a symptom of an inept Govt when it comes to understanding and promoting business in NZ, no wonder business confidence is in the doldrums.

Chris Luxon outlined the other day the substantial increase in regional flights AIR had undertaken. It was about 5% from memory and regional airfares have come down about 8%, again from memory. Your post is completely at odds with the facts and is motivated by self interest. Of course you'd like to see flights from Mt Manganui to anywhere in N.Z. at dirt cheap prices but the commercial reality is that if this route was so profitable Jetstar would already be flying on it.

Completely agree Couta1. This coalition experiment that passes for an excuse of a Government is already starting to look like a dog's breakfast gone off.
    Last edited by Beagle; 22-03-2018 at 10:43 AM.

IMO

The whole thing is just a symptom of an inept Govt when it comes to understanding and promoting business in NZ, no wonder business confidence is in the doldrums.
    Dream on, and being divisive do you really think thats the way forward for this country, think about it.