sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Chris Luxon outlined the other day the substantial increase in regional flights AIR had undertaken. It was about 5% from memory and regional airfares have come down about 8%, again from memory. Your post is completely at odds with the facts and is motivated by self interest. Of course you'd like to see flights from Mt Manganui to anywhere in N.Z. at dirt cheap prices but the commercial reality is that if this route was so profitable Jetstar would already be flying on it.
    Hes a good spinner is Chris, isn't he Roger. i hope you can comprehend im not thinking of myself here but the R E G I O N s ok?. Tauranga is growing so damn fastest clogging up infrastructure wise, hell people are picketing roads, putting signs up and threatening to block the roads to get improvements. Shane jones is doing his version too for the regions more assertively then John Key was but the same thing.. so come on Johnkey now you are a director pull your finger out . Tauranga is getting cheaper airfares already btw.

Grant Robertson the assigned minister said yesterday that the CEO and Chairman are doing a good job.
    Politician's behaving like thugs will do nothing for N.Z. already somewhat tarnished image in the eyes of international investors...as though we need this after the CBL fiasco.
    Chris Luxon impresses me as a straight shooter Joshuatree. I've discussed issues with him after most recent annual meetings and he articulates his thoughts clearly and communicates extremely well. While I don't agree with everything he does, (really gets carried away with environmental public relations stuff) I have the upmost respect for him.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Hes a good spinner is Chris, isn't he Roger. i hope you can comprehend im not thinking of myself here but the R E G I O N s ok?. Tauranga is growing so damn fastest clogging up infrastructure wise, hell people are picketing roads, putting signs up and threatening to block the roads to get improvements. Shane jones is doing his version too for the regions more assertively then John Key was but the same thing.. so come on Johnkey now you are a director pull your finger out . Tauranga is getting cheaper airfares already btw.
    Amazingly stupid post. You don't seem to understand that it is the role of a company board to serve all of its shareholders instead of dancing to the tune of a bunch of Trump-like populists who only want to make cheap political points.

If the government really thinks that subsidizing these routes is the best they can do with the taxpayers money, than this is what they should do. Trying to bully listed companies however into providing loss making services can achieve only one thing - getting rid of investors. The latter will damage the New Zealand economy for years to come. Is this really the best your kind of ilk can do?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Amazingly stupid post. You don't seem to understand that it is the role of a company board to serve all of its shareholders instead of dancing to the tune of a bunch of Trump-like populists who only want to make cheap political points.

If the government really thinks that subsidizing these routes is the best they can do with the taxpayers money, than this is what they should do. Trying to bully listed companies however into providing loss making services can achieve only one thing - getting rid of investors. The latter will damage the New Zealand economy for years to come. Is this really the best your kind of ilk can do?
    Post of the day for sure mate. Wish I could give you double rep points for that one !!
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post

Very well put.

On my rounds and just a little behind..

IIRC, I read a few year back that AirNZ makes a loss of something like NZD$1M per month on internal operations. That shows how good, and how profitable, the international routes are for them.
    I will try and find that info.

Quote Originally Posted by drcjp View Post
    IIRC, I read a few year back that AirNZ makes a loss of something like NZD$1M per month on internal operations. That shows how good, and how profitable, the international routes are for them.
    I think it’s the other way around
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by drcjp View Post
    They were losing $1m a month on their 19 seater Beechcraft aircraft which cost almost as much to fly as an ATR600 with more than 60 seats according to one pilot I spoke too.
    These same aircraft are now being used by Air Chatams to provide the same service...I really don't see why some bulldog's have worked themselves up into a real lather over this..oh yes, to score cheap political points at the expense of shareholders.
    Last edited by Beagle; 22-03-2018 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    They were losing $1m a month on their 19 seater Beechcraft aircraft which cost almost as much to fly as an ATR600 with more than 60 seats according to one pilot I spoke too.
    These same aircraft are now being used by Air Chatams to provide the same service...I really don't see why some bulldog's have worked themselves up into a real lather over this..oh yes, to score cheap political points at the expense of shareholders.
    The Beechcraft aren't part of the fleet according to their website:

https://www.airchathams.co.nz/about-air-chathams/fleet/

They do have a 1945 Douglas DC-3 though!

https://www.airchathams.co.nz/about-.../Douglas-DC-3/

Opps got my wires crossed, quite right, they're 19 seater Metroliners.
    DC3 looks very cool