sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I agree totally with this Baa baa. I think this has now become a real risk to us small SH in this company and Jones and NZ First are going to play a political game with it. The Government shareholdings in AIR and all the gentailers should be transferred into the Superfund to remove it an armslenght from politicians, or sold.
    The only saving grace could well be that this is a one term Govt, once Cullen and Co put forward their tax option on the table prior to the next election, either a CGT or a Wealth(Envy) tax. Wealth taxes have been trialed and rejected by most other countries over the years so I'm picking a CGT will be put forward, hopefully that would be enough to send the current business unfriendly lot back to the backbenches. In the mean time Jones and Co can work out how they are going raise over 10 billion plus to buy back the power companies.
    Last edited by couta1; 26-03-2018 at 08:09 AM.

percy

Piece of cake.
    Labour election bride to beneficiaries was/is payments towards power bills.
    Jones just needs to sit down with AIR, and find out how much it will cost to get AIR to fly to the regions .
    He has the regions development money.
    Pay the money,get the flights.
    If he can't do a deal with AIR, phone Alliance Airlines in Brisbane who have Fokker 50s,70s and 100s available for wet lease,charter or whatever Jones needs.ph. 61 7 3212 1212.

disc.I hold AQZ shares.
    Last edited by percy; 26-03-2018 at 08:55 AM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Piece of cake.
    Labour election bride to beneficiaries was/is payments towards power bills.
    Jones just needs to sit down with AIR, and find out how much it will cost to get AIR to fly to the regions .
    He has the regions development money.
    Pay the money,get the flights.
    If he can't do a deal with AIR, phone Alliance Airlines in Brisbane who have Fokker 50s,70s and 100s available for wet lease,charter or whatever Jones needs.ph. 61 7 3212 1212.

disc.I hold AQZ shares.
    failing that the Kapiti DC , could do a deal with Singapore airlines, they live a subsidy being such a small airline and all ��

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    failing that the Kapiti DC , could do a deal with Singapore airlines, they live a subsidy being such a small airline and all ��
    Definitely - I am sure they have a handful of tax dollars left to make the runway suitable for Singapore Airlines 777 ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Some people are drawing a very long bow assuming the fundamental basis of AIR's highly successful operation, (one that's returned billions of dollars in company tax, dividends and PAYE to the Government over the years) will change just because one bulldog gets carried away with the sound of his own barking...something I never do lol
    Time for a reality check, politicians make noise for political capital and then it dies down. If anything comes out of this its simply a meeting between Robertson and the board and they'll explain their Kapiti withdrawal, probably as a lack of pilots and the need for more flight school funding...so this could yet turn out to be a positive for AIR.
    In any event I think they have their domestic business model where they want it to be now.
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=12019958
    I see AIR get's a pretty good note on a comparative basis.
    Last edited by Beagle; 26-03-2018 at 09:38 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

Maybe Jones could ask the other Jones with a knighthood ,to buy a few planes,[his one is not enough] ,fly to the regions,and so retain his knighthood.
    All Jones happy.!

IMO

To extrapolate that great idea further percy, Bob Jones is building a a new office high rise out of wood, wha if Shane Jones commissioned Boeing , or a NZ company to build some short haul passenger transporters out of laminated balsa wood seating say 20 people. Then you could launch these ultra light strong cheap gliders(with a built in pop up motor for light or wrong winds) with a wind up launcher, commonly used by gliding clubs and have a real green cheap service to the regions.

You can still get a grilled cheese and ham sandwich if you really want it and even a barbecued sausage in the outdoor terrace.
    I reckon that an outdoor terrace is quite an innovative feature on a 787 -- hang on a second mate -- that is at the airport before they even board the plane!

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    I reckon that an outdoor terrace is quite an innovative feature on a 787 -- hang on a second mate -- that is at the airport before they even board the plane!
    It does all sound pretty good but they leave one important fact out for New Zealanders contemplating this route. The flight to Perth in the first place is nearly 7 hours and when you get there you'll already be pretty badly jet lagged. On the positive side of the ledger at least AIR will have their Dreamliner back on the Perth route soon enough so you can have an all Dreamliner trip to London if you like. Personally I think its hard to go past an Emirates A380 to get there although even in that case the size of their new business class seat is noticeably smaller than the older configuration.
    You tried out their new business class seats yet Raz ? They say they're designed around a comfortable car seat...and that's all very well...for sitting on..but sleeping...hmmm.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

It's been rumoured for a while but maybe it's actually going to happen now. Looks like maybe there will be a new destination announced on Wednesday night

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=12020367

Bye-bye Kapiti, Hello Chicago? Or maybe it's just Kaitaia like Shane Jones wants? Although maybe we shouldn't get too excited. Manila had a big reveal and then was quietly shelved.