sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    Have not had to use them as they now upgraded us to first for the sector is standard for regular premium flyers...possibly they don't want us to see how bad they are Beagle..
    You lucky dog. Looks like us mere mortals are in for a serious endurance test long haul even flying business class now, with the possible exception of Singapore airlines. Wonder if there's a bit of value in AIR at $3.20...U.S. airlines had a good bounce overnight. Looking at about 35 cps in earnings this year so forward PE is 9.1. Plenty of new routes next year. Hmmm.

Interestingly as I suspected Emirates new and so called improved business class seats are really, really narrow and only 18.5 inch width, (less than AIR's premium economy) just half a centimeter more than Emirates economy, what a joke ! https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Em...bus_A380_B.php

Compare those seat spec's with Singapore airlines business class https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Si...bus_A380_C.php
    a whopping 30 inch width, like a laz-z-boy recliner and 55 inch pitch..these are HUGE !

Little known fact and note for other solidly built dogs travelling to Europe. Singapore airlines economy seats at 19 inch width, (the widest in the industry) are wider that Emirates so called business class !!! at 18.5 inches, now ain't that something to think about...
    Last edited by Beagle; 04-04-2018 at 11:29 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    You lucky dog. Looks like us mere mortals are in for a serious endurance test long haul even flying business class now, with the possible exception of Singapore airlines. Wonder if there's a bit of value in AIR at $3.20...U.S. airlines had a good bounce overnight. Looking at about 35 cps in earnings this year so forward PE is 9.1. Plenty of new routes next year. Hmmm.

Interestingly as I suspected Emirates new and so called improved business class seats are really, really narrow and only 18.5 inch width, (less than AIR's premium economy) just half a centimeter more than Emirates economy, what a joke ! https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Em...bus_A380_B.php

Compare those seat spec's with Singapore airlines business class https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Si...bus_A380_C.php
    a whopping 30 inch width, like a laz-z-boy recliner and 55 inch pitch..these are HUGE !

Little known fact and note for other solidly built dogs travelling to Europe. Singapore airlines economy seats at 19 inch width, (the widest in the industry) are wider that Emirates so called business class !!! at 18.5 inches, now ain't that something to think about...
    If business is not paying i would go Singapore Airlines, economy class is good enough, in addition you have a stop which works out around half way between here and Europe, just a better balanced trip than Dubai, first leg a mega long trip and then only seven hours second leg to mainland Europe.

If business is not paying i would go Singapore Airlines, economy class is good enough, in addition you have a stop which works out around half way between here and Europe, just a better balanced trip than Dubai, first leg a mega long trip and then only seven hours second leg to mainland Europe.
    Take care when booking to fly into or out of Auckland with Lee Kuan Yew Airlines that you don't end up on a Cullen Airlines code share flight in thrombosis class.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Diamonds are a girls best friend.

Default AIR and VAH to end Trans Tasman alliance

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/316363
    I think this is a good move by AIR and some of those crusty old Virgin planes really are third rate and if people are booking AIR they want to travel on AIR not some old relic of a plane run by a company on its knees financially trading at just 22 cents per share.
    Note Air ended this of their own volition http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/6...in-octoberhtml

Very good advice. Just got to get Mrs Beagle keen. Rumour has it there's a very nice hotel in Singapore that's good for a stopover https://www.marinabaysands.com/#PLSuOkdU8HdmZM5y.97
    Last edited by Beagle; 04-04-2018 at 05:28 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

Flown long-haul on a Dreamliner in Air NZ economy. Not recommended at all and I'm not the widest chassis around, with the dreaded 10 across. Flight attendants hate the narrow aisles also.

Default AIR and VAH to end Trans Tasman alliance

Be a rippa if Stralians can get a Cullen Airlines flight from Wagga Wagga to the Shaky Isles because of competition flying the ditch.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Last edited by Marilyn Munroe; 05-04-2018 at 02:10 AM. Reason: formatting
    Diamonds are a girls best friend.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=12026073

Virgin "the mighty company" trading at just 22 cents per share acting like a spurned lover and having a bit of a tantrum.
    One wonders how much of all this is simply a result of the well known fact that the two CEO's of these companies don't like each other...
    Anyway you all know I think Virgin is a third rate airline and AIR are better off not sullying the waters with their product on their schedule.
    You book an AIR flight you expect an AIR N.Z. plane or one of a similar caliber, for instance Singapore airlines revenue sharing deal to Singapore.
    Last edited by Beagle; 05-04-2018 at 10:23 AM.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=12026073

Virgin "the mighty company" trading at just 22 cents per share acting like a spurned lover and having a bit of a tantrum.
    One wonders how much of all this is simply a result of the well known fact that the two CEO's of these companies don't like each other...
    Anyway you all know I think Virgin is a third rate airline and AIR are better off not sullying the waters with their product on their schedule.
    You book an AIR flight you expect an AIR N.Z. plane or one of a similar caliber, for instance Singapore airlines revenue sharing deal to Singapore.
    Hey - but nothing wrong with a bit more local competition. Would love to see Tigerair criss-crossing our skies ;
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Flown long-haul on a Dreamliner in Air NZ economy. Not recommended at all and I'm not the widest chassis around, with the dreaded 10 across. Flight attendants hate the narrow aisles also.
    I flew AKL-HNL-AKL a few months ago on a 787 and yes, the aisles are very narrow. I was hit by the cart a few times as well as the arms and legs of the FA's as they walked up and down the aisle. In terms of the seat I didn't have any issues, but larger built people definitely would.

3x4x3 seems to be the new norm amongst airlines in economy. Let's hope the vertical seat configuration never sees the light of day!

The 787 was however much nicer to fly in, and the improved pressure and humidity levels definitely made a difference.
    Last edited by Zaphod; 05-04-2018 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
    I flew AKL-HNL-AKL a few months ago on a 787 and yes, the aisles are very narrow. I was hit by the cart a few times as well as the arms and legs of the FA's as they walked up and down the aisle. In terms of the seat I didn't have any issues, but larger built people definitely would.

3x4x3 seems to be the new norm amongst airlines in economy. Let's hope the vertical seat configuration never sees the light of day!

The 787 was however much nicer to fly in, and the improved pressure and humidity levels definitely made a difference.
    Very good and fair summary of the facts and I couldn't agree more about the vertical seats. I think all airlines are already pushing the envelope of what's humanely tolerable in economy on long haul to the very edge of what most people can possibly stomach.

Emirates dressing up mutton as lamb with their business class seats which are now no bigger than economy was about 7 years ago is a new and most unwelcome development from this leading airline. I really hope other airlines don't follow suit with their business class product otherwise us mere mortals, (that don't get bumped up to first class like some lucky dogs) will have no option but to suffer badly on long haul flights unless we can somehow stomach paying for first class ourselves
    Last edited by Beagle; 05-04-2018 at 11:35 AM.