sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Go The Warriors "This Year!"

[QUOTE=Beagle;710075]https://www.nzx.com/announcements/316363
    I think this is a good move by AIR and some of those crusty old Virgin planes really are third rate and if people are booking AIR they want to travel on AIR not some old relic of a plane run by a company on its knees financially trading at just 22 cents per share.
    Note Air ended this of their own volition http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/6a63bab9/air-nz-virgin-australia-to-end-seven-year-trans-tasman-alliance-in-october.html?u

Heard a rumor this may happen on another forum and posted as such on here a couple of months or so ago...
    AIR will be trying use their new A321NEO's as leverage to try to grab as many of Virgins passengers as they can...

Will mean less convenient departure times for passengers as they will all be leaving and departing at the same times, however expect some good airfares as they scrap it out to ether maintain or grow their market prospective shares.

IMHO...Virgin should take this on the chin and leave the Tasman, concentrate on the their core Aussie domestic market, and build relationships with their Asian owners and feed international passengers on to their domestic operations that way along with Delta from the USA...it will be nothing but an absolute bloodbath for them if they stay on the Tasman.
    Going up a against a cashed up AIR and QAN along with other serving the Tasman will be very very hard for them...

They could try salvaging a code share agreement (at best with AIR) on Tasman flights (if AIR is interested that is..)

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    https://www.nzx.com/announcements/316363
    I think this is a good move by AIR and some of those crusty old Virgin planes really are third rate and if people are booking AIR they want to travel on AIR not some old relic of a plane run by a company on its knees financially trading at just 22 cents per share.
    Note Air ended this of their own volition http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/6...in-octoberhtml

Very good advice. Just got to get Mrs Beagle keen. Rumour has it there's a very nice hotel in Singapore that's good for a stopover https://www.marinabaysands.com/#PLSuOkdU8HdmZM5y.97
    no rumour, it is a good hotel especially if you want to take infinity pools to an extreme level...it's very surreal hanging off the edge looking out😊 happy about virgin, often if you want to maximise a weekend in aussie you had to take them at least one way...not a good image for AIR. although there must be more to it as AIR has not cared about that for a long time...

It would be tempting to think of Virgin(Under Arm Bowlers Division) as a busted flush across the Tasman.

However <speculation type="wild"> what if Lee Kuan Yew Airlines brought out Etihad and the small number of free float shareholders and zuched up Virgin to be their champion in au & nz.

All aboard for Tiger services from WLG and DUD and maybe (additional to Lee Kaun Yew's)CHC to SIN. Also what about Scoot double isles from AKL to SIN.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Diamonds are a girls best friend.

sold up rest of Air shares held today (wasn't much to speak of to be honest). Overall gain 70% inc divvies over last 18 months or so. Still think its a good investment with imputated divvies going forward but just don't like the way labour government is going fiscally and the china US thing not to mention FEDs moves this year. Been sideways for a while and happy to lock in the gains.

time for a break but I don't see a sudden collapse happening, slow correction into bear territory I think is on the horizon with stimulus coming off but happy to sit out for a while and go shopping and not have to look at it for a bit

Quote Originally Posted by workingdad View Post
    sold up rest of Air shares held today (wasn't much to speak of to be honest). Overall gain 70% inc divvies over last 18 months or so. Still think its a good investment with imputated divvies going forward but just don't like the way labour government is going fiscally and the china US thing not to mention FEDs moves this year. Been sideways for a while and happy to lock in the gains.

time for a break but I don't see a sudden collapse happening, slow correction into bear territory I think is on the horizon with stimulus coming off but happy to sit out for a while and go shopping and not have to look at it for a bit
    Congrats mate. If you're going shopping try the new 2018 V8 Mustang out, she's wild ride I can tell ya !!!
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Cool Note from the middle of the Middle Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by workingdad View Post
    sold up rest of Air shares held today...
    ...but happy to sit out for a while and go shopping and not have to look at it for a bit
    Should have got out at the $3.56 mark last July, I did drop the hint at the time.

As hints get missed I will be blunt:

Don't buy a Beagle.

Cute Beagle.jpg

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    Should have got out at the $3.56 mark last July, I did drop the hint at the time.

As hints get missed I will be blunt:

Don't buy a Beagle.

Cute Beagle.jpg

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    Prepare for a roasting. Maybe you've been away a bit too long, lost your touch a bit, the SP was a bit higher later and no one except a standard bollinger advocate would exit on a single day of weakness at the date you suggest. Albeit went lower later but recovered to a double top high 5/9/17 ... that was the real warning, not before.

Just another wind-up baiting the Beagle?

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Red face Already eaten the choco pies which were for tomorrow's train trip

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Prepare for a roasting. Maybe you've been away a bit too long, lost your touch a bit, the SP was a bit higher later and no one except a standard bollinger advocate would exit on a single day of weakness at the date you suggest. Albeit went lower later but recovered to a double top high 5/9/17 ... that was the real warning, not before.

Just another wind-up baiting the Beagle?
    You are forgetting at least three TA truths:

Most TA is rubbish - even worse than FA;

TA is a broad art that has many forms and that can be applied on a diverse spectrum of timescales;

TA'ers are the sheep that dutifully follow the [smarter] market.

I may pop into ST again in a couple of weeks, till then
    Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Sorry I am such a fat and full Beagle from trying to digest the biggest ever interim AIR dividend feed I cannot be bothered even trying to muster a little woof in response ...oh all right then...by popular request just one woof...all the other airlines give you huge fully imputed dividends don't they PT ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 07-04-2018 at 10:13 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Sorry I am such a fat and full Beagle from trying to digest the biggest ever interim AIR dividend feed I cannot be bothered even trying to muster a little woof in response ...oh all right then...by popular request just one woof...all the other airlines give you huge fully imputed dividends don't they PT ?
    Are the NZ imputation credits any good in Tibet (Xining City)?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)