sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Not sure. How hard would it have been to open the domestic lounge (and allow all passengers to access) and provide at least a bit more comfortable environment for passengers? I guess if you are bringing passengers back late in the evening due to no landing options elsewhere and you know all hotels are booked out, than it does not take a rocket scientist to figure out that these passengers might need a place to sleep somewhere. Air NZ had this space (domestic lounge) but choose to close it.
    I personally find it difficult to believe every hotel and motel in Auckland was booked out.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I personally find it difficult to believe every hotel and motel in Auckland was booked out.
    All the ones AIR could afford maybe.
    Don't want to waste too much money.

Guru

Me too, but like my partner alluded to, at 10.20pm AIR probably cannot be bothered organising 200 odd people in hotels and the transport and cost that this entails.....

Guru

With the weather there was probably more returns or cancelled flights, both for AIR and Jetstar which would fill hotels and motels.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Air NZ named 2nd best airline in the World by Tripadvisor, Singapore Airlines came 1st https://www.tripadvisor.co.nz/TravelersChoice-Airlines

Well done AIR
    There's always going to be cases due to extreme weather events where an airline could have theoretically done better but to achieve this outcome as a result of average scores posted by many many thousands of happy customers is testament to the fact that in the vast majority of cases the airline is doing extremely well indeed.
    Last edited by Beagle; 13-04-2018 at 01:45 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

It amazes me how airlines including Cullen Airlines continue to make such a pigs breakfast dealing with passengers involved in cancelled diverted or delayed flights.

It is common to hear passengers angry, not with the actual delay or cancellation itself, but the way they were told changing and contradictory information by counter staff or simply ignored.

I know this is a problem involving the complexities of human behavior and the vagaries of airline operations but the airlines that does this better than all the rest would surely fly up the customer satisfaction ratings and attract more customers.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Diamonds are a girls best friend.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Munroe View Post
    It amazes me how airlines including Cullen Airlines continue to make such a pigs breakfast dealing with passengers involved in cancelled diverted or delayed flights.

It is common to hear passengers angry, not with the actual delay or cancellation itself, but the way they were told changing and contradictory information by counter staff or simply ignored.

I know this is a problem involving the complexities of human behavior and the vagaries of airline operations but the airlines that does this better than all the rest would surely fly up the customer satisfaction ratings and attract more customers.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Indeed - problems always happen, it is how they are dealt with the counts in the end.

Dilettante

Yet they have just been voted at No 1 on a Colmar Brunton Reputation Index for NZ companies. Must be doing something right !

Hmm.....from twitter ....and @stevebiddle a bit of an aviation guru

Steve Biddle (@stevebiddle)
    13/04/18, 8:53 PM
    Interesting speculation this evening that @FlyAirNZ may be about to be hit with more Dreamliner issues due to yet another newly discovered RR Trent 1000 issue. Already AKL-PER flights cancelled next week.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

RR made announcement to LSE saying more issues
    Last edited by winner69; 13-04-2018 at 09:50 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”