sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Spot on Beagle
    I’m currently on route to Narita airport to board one of these pos aircraft and none too happy with the communication from air re the safety issues.
    I certainly won’t book on one again
    To be honest, in my opinion air has deteriorated significantly in the last few years and has fallen behind the likes of emirates in terms of value for money
    Air used to be my go to airline, but not any more
    As an example my next trip to Europe is booked with emirates at a price around $2000 cheaper than air equivalent and emirates will provide free ground transport at both ends plus in flight wifi and a safe aircraft
    I wouldn’t think about holding air shares right now ( and I have had large holding in the past)
    Anyway all just my view as a customer
    Last edited by Poet; 26-04-2018 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    Spot on Beagle
    I’m currently on route to Narita airport to board one of these pos aircraft and none too happy with the communication from air re the safety issues.
    I certainly won’t book on one again
    To be honest, in my opinion air has deteriorated significantly in the last few years and has fallen behind the likes of emirates in terms of value for money
    Air used to be my go to airline, but not any more
    As an example my next trip to Europe is booked with emirates at a price around $2000 cheaper than air equivalent and emirates will provide free ground transport at both ends plus in flight wifi and a safe aircraft
    I wouldn’t think about holding air shares right now ( and I have had large holding in the past)
    Anyway all just my view as a customer
    Have to be careful with prices. $2000 cheaper sounds like a good deal but it depends entirely on what dates you are flying. I've also been looking...
    24 September - 25 October: Emirates business $$7643, AirNZ $8720 (or via Singapore on SIA SIN-LHR $7653). Difference is $1077 / $10
    27 June - 27 July: Emirates $7646, AirNZ $10271. Difference is $2625.
    Air NZ business is sold out on 26 June.

From a shareholder point of view I'm happy to see those figures, ANZ obviously has no problems selling business class seats even at a considerable premium to Emirates.

This is cool innovation Emirates about to try. Apparently AIR didn’t think much of the idea so it must be crap ....but cool nonetheless

Get the feel for your seat before booking

https://runwaygirlnetwork.com/2018/0...aircraft-seat/
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Default Virgin plans a significant expansion of capacity across the Tasman

Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Love it (as customer) - another trans Tasman price war looming. Hope though Virgin establishes as well some NZ routes, otherwise we might be back to the days where it is cheaper to fly CHC-SYD-AKL than take the direct route.

Whatever it is - the margins for shareholders might be a bit slimmer in the years to come. Better watch this fight from the sidelines ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by Robomo View Post
    Have to be careful with prices. $2000 cheaper sounds like a good deal but it depends entirely on what dates you are flying. I've also been looking...
    24 September - 25 October: Emirates business $$7643, AirNZ $8720 (or via Singapore on SIA SIN-LHR $7653). Difference is $1077 / $10
    27 June - 27 July: Emirates $7646, AirNZ $10271. Difference is $2625.
    Air NZ business is sold out on 26 June.

From a shareholder point of view I'm happy to see those figures, ANZ obviously has no problems selling business class seats even at a considerable premium to Emirates.
    More a case of how many business class seats they have to sell. Back home and AIR put us on a 777 from Auckland international to Christchurch yesterday as a domestic flight..caught a lot of people out as they require bus transport over from the domestic resulting in boarding being a good twenty minutes earlier than a normal domestic flight. Caught a lot of Auckland based passengers out from conversations had. The chatter about added stress with AIR will spread so enough.

March stats

First impression a BOOMER of a month for long haul but more than solid numbers overall

No wonder guidance unchanged ...might need to upgrade the outlook

https://quoteapi.com/resources/da986...dkhbEMiFrDc_4c

Agree that those are very good operating stat's for March. Everything looks fine...in the rear view mirror.
    Doubt it will happen but wouldn't it be ironic as a result of all this chaos they found that demand was pretty inelastic and they actually made more money by having to cancel / reschedule some flights and by carrying higher load factors.
    Last edited by Beagle; 27-04-2018 at 11:26 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Another look thrugh and enter into model the conclusion is -

AIR revenue growth v prior periods is getting stronger as each month goes by - there is some impressive positive momentum in the numbers

Business resilience is a great thing

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Another look thrugh and enter into model the conclusion is -

AIR revenue growth v prior periods is getting stronger as each month goes by - there is some impressive positive momentum in the numbers

Business resilience is a great thing
    Well if they can get all the way through these engine drama's unscathed I'll take my hat off to them and take a really good stake going forward.
    Imagine all those fuel efficient Dreamliner's working properly again and a young fuel efficient fleet and a capex hiatus for a couple of years...what to do with all that free cash flow ? Looking forward to having a far more meaningful stake when the storm has passed. I'm with Poet, too risky to have a big stake at this point.