sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Dilettante

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

It was the Rolls Royce AGM today (Thursday).

Apparently everything is wonderful:

http://m.londonstockexchange.com/exc.../13628110.html
    om mani peme hum

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Leopard View Post
    It was the Rolls Royce AGM today (Thursday).

Apparently everything is wonderful:

http://m.londonstockexchange.com/exc.../13628110.html
    Well - they "sincerely regret" the disruptions caused by their cock up. that's a nice gesture from them, isn't it?

On a different subject - at what stage turned the tiger into a panther to be reincarnated as leopard? As well - isn't SE Asia a bit hot for snow leopards, or did you stay in Tibet behind the big Chinese firewall?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Comment from niece who flew on AIR Dreamliner from Brisbane to Auck last week for family bereavement:
    outrageous $800 for a o/w way ticket & the seats were simply terrible - very narrow & could hardly fit in them, no legroom at all - she & her mother are both slight build.
    Then return flight to Syd was cancelled and alternative offered was a 2 leg dogleg.
    Air NZ customer service was v unhelpful when she rang asking for alternatives - they tried to charge her another $50 for changing flight !!
    In her Sydney job she is a heavy booker of corporate travel and has vowed to never book her anyone on another Air NZ flight. Very poor experience.
    I think AIR are struggling.
    Disc: sold our AIR last month

Default Contains full details of the incident on NZE

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12044375

I haven't had the time to read the full incident report but what I find especially concerning is that there are now two separate area's of those engines that are known weaknesses. NZE sounds like it was sprayed with a fair bit of debris from the failure of the turbine blade towards the rear of the engine.
    One wonders what would have happened if a fan blade had come off the front section of the engine where they're now having problems with the compressor blades ?

I have no desire to fly on one of AIR's so called dreamliners now.
    Last edited by Beagle; 04-05-2018 at 10:33 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Very good summary and makes it crystal clear that AIR will take a hit over this. Quite why the market hasn't woken up to this fact, go figure ?
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by nizzy View Post
    In her Sydney job she is a heavy booker of corporate travel and has vowed to never book her anyone on another Air NZ flight. Very poor experience.
    It is a truth universally acknowledged in the transit by enclosed airborne tube business that the one person you try very hard not to piss off is the corporate travel booker.

A fail for Cullen Airlines CRM system if it did not flag her as a very very important person. If she was flagged but not accommodated I expect the contact centre supervisor will be dragged backwards and forwards across the carpet in the sales managers office.

"Madam wishes at short notice to have a spare seat beside her for a mink coat and diamond studded handbag. Of course madam no trouble at all."

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Diamonds are a girls best friend.

Guru

Got notice today from Air NZ that my flight from AKL to HKG next week was delayed due to Dreamliner issues - even though it is on 1 777-200.

It goes out of Auckland at 1.35am - the local residents will be thrilled!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Got notice today from Air NZ that my flight from AKL to HKG next week was delayed due to Dreamliner issues - even though it is on 1 777-200.

It goes out of Auckland at 1.35am - the local residents will be thrilled!
    Just remembered to select my seats - PE just over 50% full coming back but not even 25% full heading up there!

Shareholders

Me

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Just remembered to select my seats - PE just over 50% full coming back but not even 25% full heading up there!

Shareholders

Me
    How can you tell. It could be that a lot of people have not selected a seat and will take what they get.