sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Just remembered to select my seats - PE just over 50% full coming back but not even 25% full heading up there!

Shareholders

Me
    doesn't it usually cost extra to select your seats? Should this read

Shareholders

you

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Got notice today from Air NZ that my flight from AKL to HKG next week was delayed due to Dreamliner issues - even though it is on 1 777-200.

It goes out of Auckland at 1.35am - the local residents will be thrilled!
    Bugger, hope that's not the new timetable for the forseeable future. I leave Auckland to Hong Kong in July on that same flight..... hope they got it solved by then or its a long wait in the lounge.
    Air NZ got a lot of scheduling problems, just wondering what damage it will do to their reputation long term.. (will it stop me booking them in future.. I don't know at this stage)

My flight to Houston Saturday week has been put back 3.5 hours - now leaves at 7:30pm instead of 4pm - no big deal. AIR was very happy to move my connecting domestic flight as well so I wont be left hanging around the airport for 6 or 7 hours till take off. We're now travelling on a 777 instead of a Dreamliner - they're doing the shorter hops in the meantime.

I think there's a great deal of emotion being expressed on here by a few STers that isn't generally being felt by the majority of travellers. Everyone knows the rescheduling is not AIR's fault and that they are doing their best to cope with a difficult situation. Of course there will be occasional cock-ups with so many people impacted but I doubt that those events or the situation in general is going to sink the airline.

My experience with the call centre was the usual polite and friendly service - with the wry comment when I said I guess you guys are under a fair bit of stress at the moment - "yes it has been a bit busier than usual".

As long as planes don't fall out of the sky (especially Flight 28 on Saturday 12 May) then it's likely to be BAU for AIR - but not necessarily for RR.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Bugger, hope that's not the new timetable for the forseeable future. I leave Auckland to Hong Kong in July on that same flight..... hope they got it solved by then or its a long wait in the lounge.
    It use to be a real good flight time, as got into HK early in the morning for a full day - now 8:50am so not terrible. But with some of their regional flights current timetable, will be a few beers in the lounge......

Oil now an additional headwind to deal with.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Oil now an additional headwind to deal with.
    Coupled with Taxcinda, not a good combo.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Coupled with Taxcinda, not a good combo.
    Obama ripped off AIR for a cool half a million as well. https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/world...cid=spartandhp

Agree 100%, the current political environment is most unhelpful.
    Last edited by Beagle; 08-05-2018 at 10:04 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Obama ripped off AIR for a cool half a million as well. https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/world...cid=spartandhp

Agree 100%, the current political environment is most unhelpful.
    Extract - I am amazed that Air New Zealand hasn't got more flak for dropping so much cash on Barack Obama ....

But jeez it stroked a few egos eh ....betcha Chris (and others) was on a high for a few days afterwards ....at least took dodgy planes off his mind for a few days.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Extract - I am amazed that Air New Zealand hasn't got more flak for dropping so much cash on Barack Obama ....

But jeez it stroked a few egos eh ....betcha Chris (and others) was on a high for a few days afterwards ....at least took dodgy planes off his mind for a few days.
    No doubt Johnny enjoyed catching up with his mate for a couple of rounds of golf, helicoptered around everywhere and wined and dined all at shareholders expense. Ain't life grand...for those at the top...
    What value did AIR get from Obama's visit ? Another great question to bleat (like a lamb lost from its mother) about at the next AGM.
    Last edited by Beagle; 08-05-2018 at 10:20 AM.