sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    No doubt Johnny enjoyed catching up with his mate for a couple of rounds of golf, helicoptered around everywhere and wined and dined all at shareholders expense. Ain't life grand...for those at the top...
    What value did AIR get from Obama's visit ? Another great question to bleat (like a lamb lost from its mother) about at the next AGM.
    Thanks for the link.

It is with no checks and balances...simply reflects the attitude of the board room. I never get over the psychology of how intelligent and astute people so often are totally enamoured by the well known.

ps as an aside.. is it trendy to pick on male white people in business who are by definition must all be stale..every opportunity you get now in NZ media?
    Last edited by Raz; 08-05-2018 at 11:02 AM.

Guru

Obama ripped off AIR for a cool half a million as well. https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/world...cid=spartandhp

Agree 100%, the current political environment is most unhelpful.
    And you thought JK would be good for the board - I suspect he just cost them $500k.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    And you thought JK would be good for the board - I suspect he just cost them $500k.
    Do you recall what JT used to call Willie Jackson?

The jury is still out on that one and will be for quite a while. Maybe with his contacts overseas he can help the airline grow, (when they eventually have a fleet that's all working properly).
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

And that $500k was just the cost for Obama to be here, wasn't it? On top of that there is the venue and the food and wine and Sam Neill and Peter Gordon and everything else.

On the whole I'm not that fussed about it. Who are they marketing to? Were they trying to sell NZ to the world by bringing Obama here? Or promoting Air NZ to rich NZers by inviting them to hear Obama speak? I'm pretty sure AIR knew what they were doing. Being headline news for several days probably helps too.

And I think AIR NZ got good value for money because weren't there three companies that brought Obama here but can anyone remember who they were? I'm pretty sure Westpac was one. Can't remember the third company though.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeybycrikey View Post
    And that $500k was just the cost for Obama to be here, wasn't it? On top of that there is the venue and the food and wine and Sam Neill and Peter Gordon and everything else.

On the whole I'm not that fussed about it. Who are they marketing to? Were they trying to sell NZ to the world by bringing Obama here? Or promoting Air NZ to rich NZers by inviting them to hear Obama speak? I'm pretty sure AIR knew what they were doing. Being headline news for several days probably helps too.

And I think AIR NZ got good value for money because weren't there three companies that brought Obama here but can anyone remember who they were? I'm pretty sure Westpac was one. Can't remember the third company though.

"Or promoting Air NZ to rich NZers by inviting them to hear Obama speak?" Most likely the market business case..they keep in contact with stuff like this, naturally on a smaller scale, all the time..build positive brand enhancement towards AIR.

Investor

Adding more capacity domestically...

Air NZannounces additional services between Dunedin and Auckland

http://www.voxy.co.nz/business/5/310164

Banned

The jury is still out on that one and will be for quite a while. Maybe with his contacts overseas he can help the airline grow, (when they eventually have a fleet that's all working properly).
    Hopefully, because he did stuff all for the US during his time in power.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Hopefully, because he did stuff all for the US during his time in power.
    A bit unfair Couta. A lot of the time he was fighting a hostile Republican-majority Congress who were intent on stopping just about anything he proposed. Trump is also finding out that Congress does not necessarily agree with everything he wants to do.

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Adding more capacity domestically...

Air NZannounces additional services between Dunedin and Auckland

http://www.voxy.co.nz/business/5/310164
    Been told this is well worth a visit. https://www.larnachcastle.co.nz/
    Might take the grandkids down there this summer, (A320's still going okay last time I checked)
    Last edited by Beagle; 09-05-2018 at 10:17 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine