sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Default Europe for under $1,000 even with high priced fuel WOW !

Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

However do you get much more than half a seat to travel on :-)

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    However do you get much more than half a seat to travel on :-)
    Same seat width as Air NZ Dreamliner - 17.2" but pitch is 29" on China Southern, but 31-32" on Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Same seat width as Air NZ Dreamliner - 17.2" but pitch is 29" on China Southern, but 31-32" on Air NZ.
    There's the catch right there. Nightmareliner seat width is a joke but that pitch For anyone over 5ft 10 that is absolutely intolerable on long haul. Good friend of mine who's 5 ft 11 and a relatively trim 85kg's said he simply didn't fit into the China Southern seat and told me it was the most excruciating long haul trip of his entire lifetime. As Raz quite correctly quipped, you're basically getting half a seat
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Sounds right Beagle :-) Interesting piece below...on AIRs 787 engines...

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12068039

Makes you wonder if these engines will always have a weakness even when patched up and also whether the so called newer Ten version will be durable.
    I see AIR's problems with these engines stretching well past this winter.
    Its not a given that they will get their 330 mins ETOPS rating back either.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Makes you wonder if these engines will always have a weakness even when patched up and also whether the so called newer Ten version will be durable.
    I see AIR's problems with these engines stretching well past this winter.
    Its not a given that they will get their 330 mins ETOPS rating back either.
    Like I said before once broken always broken or not quite right ever again
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Like I said before once broken always broken or not quite right ever again

Hmmmm...yes I think if you push an engine right out to the edge of the technological envelope in the search for fuel efficiency you can create systemic weaknesses.
    Good example in the automotive field that's easier for a lot of us to understand is the BMW N63 V8 petrol engine. https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cul...ns-bmw-n63-v8/ In a nutshell BMW went on a mission to create a very fuel efficient V8 engine to meet new mandated fuel efficiency standards and now customers are facing numerous issues.

Rolls Royce probably pushing that engine too far in the hope of new efficiencies and now there are two separate serious issues which may be systemic weaknesses not properly fixed by the technical update that goes with the ten version ? Only time will tell if that latter ten version is durable and problem free, just like only time will tell if the updated BMW N63 tu2 engine will prove to be durable. Who wants to be a Guinea pig when they don't have to be !
    Last edited by Beagle; 10-06-2018 at 08:32 PM.

Normal monthly traders pump & dump occurring again ................