sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Banned

Guidance range for FY19 is wide, some punters don't like that, I remember last time they gave a wide range like that the price dropped then they upgraded along the way and nailed the top end.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    We missed our connecting flight ( Air Chathams ) and despite not being obliged to assist AIR put us up for the night in a hotel.I was immensely grateful as was travelling with 86 year old Mum - but shareholders might not be so happy.

I hate airlines as a sector but even with that strangely I do want to nibble at AIR. Stop your barking Beagle. You are probably right about it having a place in a portfolio though.
    This shareholder would be quite happy that you were looked after - repeat business is very important. More important than short term profit.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    You can have faults that are not necessarily related to the engines.
    Exactly!
    Could been anything that would make the pilots uncomfortable for the next 10 hrs.
    I'd rather they turn back than go 'oh bugger' later.

Last edited by Beagle; 24-08-2018 at 03:56 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    Could been anything that would make the pilots uncomfortable for the next 10 hrs.
    Like a broken seat ?
    (see my earlier post)

Banned

Good support on close at $3.235, with a nice fat divvy locked into that price and a Sept 6th Ex date I'm expecting divvy seekers to turn up next week.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Good support on close at $3.235, with a nice fat divvy locked into that price and a Sept 6th Ex date I'm expecting divvy seekers to turn up next week.
    AIZ finished @ A$3.02 which equates to NZ$3.305 so be interesting on Monday

https://www.marketscreener.com/AIR-N...407/consensus/

As expected some pretty sizeable downgrades for FY19. Average broker 12 month ahead target price now just $3.15. In line with where I see it too. Worth a bit more trading cum an 11 cent divvy but ostensibly a yield story at this level.
    On a theoretical ex divvy price of $3.125 and assuming they can pay 22 cps going forward (they could be stretched a bit to do this in FY19 with fairly sizeable capex and only 28 cps earnings but I still think it is likely the board will maintain it because capex eases off significantly in FY20 and then further again in FY21). Lots of references to sustainable dividends in their presentation this week so the board won't want egg on their face next year if they can help it will they !

(22 / 312.5) / 0.72 = 9.78% gross yield + possible special(s) early next decade. Pretty sound investment case from a yield perspective in my opinion although not without risk in terms of where the fuel price will go and how long the RR fiasco will continue to be a thorn in the companies side.

HOLD.
    Last edited by Beagle; 26-08-2018 at 03:15 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    https://www.marketscreener.com/AIR-N...407/consensus/

As expected some pretty sizeable downgrades for FY19. Average broker 12 month ahead target price now just $3.15. In line with where I see it too. Worth a bit more trading cum an 11 cent divvy but ostensibly a yield story at this level.
    On a theoretical ex divvy price of $3.125 and assuming they can pay 22 cps going forward (they could be stretched a bit to do this in FY19 with fairly sizeable capex and only 28 cps earnings but I still think it is likely the board will maintain it because capex eases off significantly in FY20 and then further again in FY21). Lots of references to sustainable dividends in their presentation this week so the board won't want egg on their face next year if they can help it will they !

(22 / 312.5) / 0.72 = 9.78% gross yield + possible special(s) early next decade. Pretty sound investment case from a yield perspective in my opinion although not without risk in terms of where the fuel price will go and how long the RR fiasco will continue to be a thorn in the companies side.

HOLD.
    Maybe $3.20 ex the divvy I'd say but could trade up to $3.40 depending on the big boys, retail fish have no influence on the SP for more than a short period, the Govt and insto's own 97% of the stock.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Maybe $3.20 ex the divvy I'd say but could trade up to $3.40 depending on the big boys, retail fish have no influence on the SP for more than a short period, the Govt and insto's own 97% of the stock.
    Not sure - price is set by trading, not by owning. Government might have impact on the stock price every time one of their populist ministers is making inappropriate noises, but otherwise: their ownership is quite irrelevant to the price finding. Same with instos - they only impact on the price if & when they are actively trading (but yes, they might).
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)