sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Fuel price up and up.

Chairman hinted F19 earnings possible at lower end of guidance and taking into account the $40m engine problem F19 earnings could be (likely) be 25 cents a share

That puts AIR on a PE of around 12 — pretty high for a cyclical airline when nowhere at bottom of the cycle.

That’s how I see it
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

clouds aplenty...

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Fuel price up and up.

Chairman hinted F19 earnings possible at lower end of guidance and taking into account the $40m engine problem F19 earnings could be (likely) be 25 cents a share

That puts AIR on a PE of around 12 — pretty high for a cyclical airline when nowhere at bottom of the cycle.

That’s how I see it
    Agreed especially when one considers there no clearly defined timeline for resolution of the rolls royce engine problems and no timeline or certainty that even when these engine issues are eventually resolved, (if ever), that the aircraft will regain full etops rating again so they can be used as intended. Headwinds are obvious and look to be intensifying.
    Last edited by Beagle; 04-10-2018 at 12:31 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

A quandry for Air New Zealand given the circumstances and the history of the aviator involved. A complex set of circumstances and considerations, notwithstanding the questions you have involving the safety of the public.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12138569

Quote Originally Posted by Rep View Post
    A quandry for Air New Zealand given the circumstances and the history of the aviator involved. A complex set of circumstances and considerations, notwithstanding the questions you have involving the safety of the public.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12138569
    I read that this morning and must admit I couldn't help feeling sorry for the guy. I know we hold pilots to very high standards but I pondered how flustered I have been on the odd occasion when driving my car in a super high stress traffic situation. I don't know what lead to the lock out situation in Perth which sounds completely unacceptable but he who is without sin feel free to cast the first stone. After 30 years and seeing that senior pilots can make very good money towards the middle and latter part of their career, circa $300-400K+ I would hope he has salted away enough for a long and comfortable retirement.
    Last edited by Beagle; 08-10-2018 at 12:57 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

but thats exactly the skill required, to not be stressed out in a stressful situation.

you gotta go dude, you've had your time. nothing bad , just see ya .
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    but thats exactly the skill required, to not be stressed out in a stressful situation.

That was my thought.
    Beagle driving his car and the pilot are not comparable at all - tells me not to employ beagle as a pilot either.

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    That was my thought.
    Beagle driving his car and the pilot are not comparable at all - tells me not to employ beagle as a pilot either.
    or as a chauffeur?

percy

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post

My late friend, who was an Air NZ pilot, flying to Europe told me, 90% of the time it was sheer boredom,and 10% absolute panic.!

A pilot who can not cope with the panic should not be flying.

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    That was my thought.

Seems like a lifetime ago but Beagle tried being Snoopy and getting his pilot's license but he found the red baron stressed him out too much lol