sharetrader
Page 143 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 43931331391401411421431441451461471531932436431143 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 20188

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

The first generation, [RN], creates the wealth the second consolidates it and the third spends it. Branson's philosophy "Look after the staff, the staff will look after the customers and the customers will look after the share holders". Yes On rereading it was emotive. Should have stuck to the script on this one.
    Last edited by tony64peter; 06-08-2014 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tony64peter View Post
    The first generation, [RN], creates the wealth the second consolidates it and the third spends it. Branson's philosophy "Look after the staff, the staff will look after the customers and the customers will look after the share holders". With top management continually releasing carefully orchestrated dirt to media about their front line staff is it any wonder that moral is heading south like the share price.

First of all lets clear up the use of the word "continually" which is obviously an emotive word you've used and factually incorrect.
    That's a big call to make considering it was the Herald's editor that got caught up in that 3 day delay and was probably the one most annoyed. Common practice for people to vent their frustration and he has an excellent platform for that. What possible motivation would management have to deliberately leak information as you assert ? You can't seriously imagine it helps the airline or management releasing information like that, surely ? Conspiracy theories running away with themselves... What some staff need to realise in this day and age of twitter, Facebook, internet forums like this etc.., shoddy level's of professionalism will see the light of day one way or another.
    Last edited by Beagle; 06-08-2014 at 02:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tony64peter View Post
    The first generation, [RN], creates the wealth the second consolidates it and the third spends it. Branson's philosophy "Look after the staff, the staff will look after the customers and the customers will look after the share holders". Yes On rereading it was emotive. Should have stuck to the script on this one.
    You would obviously put staff at the centre of the old stakeholder model. Roger sounds like would be putting shareholders as the centre of the universe. I tend to put customers in that position with staff a close second - who has the most one to one engagement with customers?(maybe they need to humanise the check in things)

Often the relentless pursuit of maximising shareholder returns ends up in tears for most (except for the top highly paid executives)

I feel that Air was doing well under past chairman/CEO in the customer experience / staff engagement / stakes but new chairman/ CEO seem to have changed tack with money the main driver. Will be interesting to see how the unilever way works out.

Maybe Mr Fyfe was lucky he didn't have many shareholders and could do his show pony stuff. Maybe Mr Branson was right in what he said

The fact is shareholders own the airline and the CEO's job is to maximise shareholder returns and like some other shareholders I like the way CL clearly has this as a focus. Staff are generally extremely well paid and enjoy very good perks and it should be a given that they are dedicated to providing excellent customer service with the upmost professionalism at all times. If not perhaps they should explore alternative employment options ? I'm looking forward to the outcome of the investigation, if there's rotten apples in the barrel then get rid of them.
    Last edited by Beagle; 06-08-2014 at 05:40 PM.

It's a bit anecdotal, but I recently flew LAX -> AKL. The staff were really quite unpleasant. First time I've struck that with AIR. It was a few weeks before the recent Hawaii debacle. It was enough for me and the passenger next to me to joke about it.

Is this another case of continuous disclosure as pete put it

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11305070

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    The fact is shareholders own the airline and the CEO's job is to maximise shareholder returns and like some other shareholders I like the way CL clearly has this as a focus. Staff are generally extremely well paid and enjoy very good perks and it should be a given that they are dedicated to providing excellent customer service with the upmost professionalism at all times. If not perhaps they should explore alternative employment options ? I'm looking forward to the outcome of the investigation, if there's rotten apples in the barrel then get rid of them.
    As the owner of some AIR shares you happy with Luxon actions

Mr Wardale as a customer still needs to be convinced
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11305066

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    As the owner of some AIR shares you happy with Luxon actions

Mr Wardale as a customer still needs to be convinced
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11305066
    Seems reasonable to me as was the compensation of $1,000 to each affected passenger. Its interesting to note the investigation into crew readiness is still ongoing.
    Air traffic control are responsible for aircraft separation...what some time waster watching aircraft land at the airport thought and that being newsworthy... for goodness sake, all I can say is this is starting to look like a personal campaign by the Herald's editor.
    Last edited by Beagle; 07-08-2014 at 08:56 AM.

Does a bit ....look forward to tomorrow's beat up story then
    Last edited by winner69; 07-08-2014 at 08:58 AM.

A lot of ill-informed comment suggesting CL is only focused on the $.

Read slide one of the investor update. AIR wants to move from good to great at: Customer experience, Commercial Results, and Engaged Culture.

I have seen no evidence of a decline in commitment to either the customer or staff. Further evidence of customer focus includes $100m spent on 777-200 upgrades, new business lounges, improvement to loyalty programme, mobile app, new domestic proposition, the list goes on. As to staff AIR is hiring and training staff for new aircraft, morale is high, and the company remains the most trusted employer in NZ.

Ignore the bleaters and noise in the media, AIR continues to be great. And I expect the result in a few week time to be worth celebrating for investors!