sharetrader
Page 144 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 44941341401411421431441451461471481541942446441144 ... LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 20189

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

And the next slide with pretty pictures 'more than double our profit sustainably'. I like it

Quote Originally Posted by modandm View Post
    A lot of ill-informed comment suggesting CL is only focused on the $.

Read slide one of the investor update. AIR wants to move from good to great at: Customer experience, Commercial Results, and Engaged Culture.

I have seen no evidence of a decline in commitment to either the customer or staff. Further evidence of customer focus includes $100m spent on 777-200 upgrades, new business lounges, improvement to loyalty programme, mobile app, new domestic proposition, the list goes on. As to staff AIR is hiring and training staff for new aircraft, morale is high, and the company remains the most trusted employer in NZ.

Ignore the bleaters and noise in the media, AIR continues to be great. And I expect the result in a few week time to be worth celebrating for investors!
    I agree 100%. If people would actually take the trouble to read the investor briefing for which I posted a link recently they'd see the clearly detailed objectives. I am happy to re-post the link if someone's asks for it and hasn't got the time to dig back through this thread and find it.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/travel/new...ectid=11303746

Just to rub it in even more...no wonder journalism is so **** they're always on holiday.

Quote Originally Posted by NewGuy View Post
    people who think CEOs focus only on $ don't understand corporate business. A CEOs job is to foster and promote the interests of all stakeholders, not just shareholders.
    Enough management theories already for goodness sake. Any shareholder who's taken the time to read the full investor briefing knows CL has his head screwed on the right way.
    What part of looking after the customers, driving efficiencies and aiming for a sustainable doubling of profits is so hard to understand...

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Air traffic control are responsible for aircraft separation...what some time waster watching aircraft land at the airport thought and that being newsworthy... for goodness sake, all I can say is this is starting to look like a personal campaign by the Herald's editor.
    There is an email link in the middle of that article. Suggest you use it and tell them what you think. I have. Absolute twaddle. Non newsworthy, inconsequential beat up quoting some inarticulate ignoramus. Not worthy of the Herald.
    What's next? More headlines with people expressing what is in their heads at any given time.
    Good grief.
    Last edited by biker; 07-08-2014 at 10:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by biker View Post
    There is an email link in the middle of that article. Suggest you use it and tell them what you think. I have. Absolute twaddle. Non newsworthy, inconsequential beat up quoting some inarticulate ignoramus. Not worthy of the Herald.
    What's next? More headlines with people expressing what is in their heads at any given time.
    Good grief.
    Thanks good idea. Its getting tiresome, people needlessly beating up on what is a very good company.

Copy of e.mail just sent to the Editor at online-editor@nzherald.co.nz

Dear Sir / Madam,

Your repetitive beating up on Air New Zealand is seriously resented by its 11,000
    staff and thousands of shareholders.

Engineering issues happen from time to time, people were inconvenienced and well
    compensated, get over it, your repetitive campaign is vindictive and is making staff reporting
    on this and yourself who was caught in this look like spoilt brats spitting the dummy.

As for some time wasting aviation text book expert being concerned about a go
    around because of inadequate separation, for goodness sake, Air Traffic control are
    responsible for aircraft separation, isn't there anyone in your office who understands
    how air traffic control works ? For goodness sake, what's next, some mindless prattle
    about how a 90 year old granny hurt her ankle stepping off an Air New Zealand plane.

Your article today regarding the flight check Honolulu to Auckland was another bit of
    vindictive rubbish, journalism at its absolute worst.

You people should be thoroughly ashamed of yourselves repetitively denigrating our
    national airline in the carefully orchestrated manner you are.

Keep it up and I think Air New Zealand will have an actionable case against you.
    Felt good to get that off my cheast
    Last edited by Beagle; 07-08-2014 at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NewGuy View Post
    Its not like you haven't spouted a lot of crap of your own, mate.
    Mate I didn't mean to offend, all I'm saying is if people took the time to read the full investor briefing they'll see the top management have their heads well and truly screwed on properly so theoretical management style debates become meaningless when the company has already clearly articulated its five year plan.

Hunting for Heuristic trends

Someone has faith in AIR
    3 separate trades each of volume 1,000,000 through at 11:22am. and another at 500,000

My bet is Roger or Moosie just opened their wallet... . are you guys giving the moths some flying practice..
    Last edited by arc; 07-08-2014 at 11:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Mate I didn't mean to offend, all I'm saying is if people took the time to read the full investor briefing they'll see the top management have their heads well and truly screwed on properly so theoretical management style debates become meaningless when the company has already clearly articulated its five year plan.
    If it was as easy as just writing a good investor briefing then we'd all be millionaires. You can write a good investor briefing and have great ideas but still need to execute on them.
    It does appear that the Herald might have a bit of an anti-Air NZ agenda, especially considering today's story, but they did have a reporter on that stranded Hawaii flight. And Sam Morgan was on the flight. So definitely newsworthy. I was actually a little surprised that there wasn't more fuss about it on Stuff.

However, it seems completely inexcusable that passengers were left stranded for three days, no matter what the issue is. Especially when it appears that communication was as poor as it was. What would it cost to hire a plane just to get the passengers moving vs the $1000 compensation and the bad PR?

If Air NZ is heading downhill, it's probably going to be a slow, gradual process. Are current events a warning sign for shareholders or a wake-up call for management? We'll see.

There's a difference between something that's newsworthy and running a systematic, sustained and carefully organised campaign to denigrate the airline's reputation which is what this now looks like.
    Last edited by Beagle; 07-08-2014 at 03:19 PM.