sharetrader
Page 145 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 45951351411421431441451461471481491551952456451145 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 20188

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by arc View Post
    Someone has faith in AIR
    3 separate trades each of volume 1,000,000 through at 11:22am. and another at 500,000

My bet is Roger or Moosie just opened their wallet... . are you guys giving the moths some flying practice..
    Maybe its the Herald editor, would explain the beat up

Hunting for Heuristic trends

11:22 am 3.5Mill Buy-in........3:15 pm announcement

Nothing in it...
    just another Tui's Add

Just a wee comment from a customer of Air NZ...very occasionally I hasten to add.
    I have flown quite a bit over the years ..and have begun to loathe same...(Moscow to CHCH...over 2 days !!!!)..last year.
    What I have found somewhat amusing is how folk can compare Air NZ with say the likes of Emeriates and Singapore....There is no comparison...the service/food etc of the two mentioned is so far superior.... consistently.
    Recently I flew to and from Hawaii..on Air NZ...the staff were like civil servants ...the water offered came from tap water (the hostess gave a limp excuse)..and the food was awful.
    A fairer comparison may be with Russia Air and Areolineas Argentinas (which no longer flys here)...
    Ive also have spoken to a few mates...some will pay a few hundred dollars not to fly AIR NZ.

So if flying to the island republic, unless you can score a seat on Lee Kuan Yew Airlines A380 you will be ralegated to thrombosis class on Cullen Airlines.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Last edited by Marilyn Munroe; 07-08-2014 at 06:55 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by troyvdh View Post
    Just a wee comment from a customer of Air NZ...very occasionally I hasten to add.
    I have flown quite a bit over the years ..and have begun to loathe same...(Moscow to CHCH...over 2 days !!!!)..last year.
    What I have found somewhat amusing is how folk can compare Air NZ with say the likes of Emeriates and Singapore....There is no comparison...the service/food etc of the two mentioned is so far superior.... consistently.
    Recently I flew to and from Hawaii..on Air NZ...the staff were like civil servants ...the water offered came from tap water (the hostess gave a limp excuse)..and the food was awful.
    A fairer comparison may be with Russia Air and Areolineas Argentinas (which no longer flys here)...
    Ive also have spoken to a few mates...some will pay a few hundred dollars not to fly AIR NZ.
    Actually, you would struggle to pay extra not to fly AIR, I just booked to Europe with SIAL and saved $3000 compared with AIR - and that's from someone who has a lot of shares in AIR. It would be hard to find a more expensive choice than AIR for any route.

I still remember when I stopped flying with them on any occasion when I had a choice (and jetstar isn't a choice unfortunately) and that's after the three hours I spent sitting at Auckland Airport (under supervision from the previous MD) waiting for my booked flight because I wouldn't pay them $150 to travel three hours earlier in an otherwise empty seat. Since then, I have only voluntarily travelled with them using airpoints gained on paid flights from partner airlines. Not that I couldn't afford it, it's just that, like very many people, I don't like to be taken advantage of by opportunists.

Still as an investor from $1.28 (thanks Modandm) I recognise that they have a good thing going just now and will stay with them as the SP improves. Actually doubled up yesterday.

Long term, they will become increasingly arrogant and destroy themselves. I'm hoping I'll be out by then

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Enough management theories already for goodness sake. Any shareholder who's taken the time to read the full investor briefing knows CL has his head screwed on the right way.
    What part of looking after the customers, driving efficiencies and aiming for a sustainable doubling of profits is so hard to understand...
    The part about looking after customers--or should I say sardines.
    With the amount of people a dreamliner holds is it really necessary to cram 10 seats in a row--whats the point if customers (or some of them) choose another airline that is more comfortable.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by troyvdh View Post
    Starting to see a pattern here--They are expensive,and are not looking after the customers--The ole ''everyones going to do it'' doesnt wash with me--good luck with that doubling of profits

Regarding the comments lately about 9 versus 10 seats abreast in economy on the Dreamliner. It's not quite as simple as people are saying.

Airlines make a good deal of money as freight operators. It's not just the passengers' luggage in the hold. Some airlines may be able to fill the belly of the plane with more freight and thus allow 9 abreast in economy.

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    The part about looking after customers--or should I say sardines.
    With the amount of people a dreamliner holds is it really necessary to cram 10 seats in a row--whats the point if customers (or some of them) choose another airline that is more comfortable.
    IMHO most people are shopping on price and reputation and know no matter which airline they book an economy fare with they're not going to get a first class experience in economy.
    Air will be marketing all the other attributes of the Dreamliner which I've posted details of on many occasions previously. Further, most airlines are looking to improve efficiency as they refurbish older planes so you'll be faced with a tight economy seat on an old noisy airliner with harsh cabin pressure and bad air and a shiny new quiet airliner with huge windows, great cabin pressure and better quality air and humidity whilst enjoying supporting your own national airline. Remember Air have 10 of these new 787-9's coming with options on another 8...anyone for an all Dreamliner wide bodied fleet ?
    Look, lets get real. The commercial reality is they're supplying a product to fit the average profile of their customers, about, 70 kg's, that gives them the optimum return on what are very expensive aircraft at circa U.S. $250m each, (retail asking price). If people are for example 6ft 6 inches or circa 150 kg's in weight maybe they need to accept its not up to airlines to design economy class seating to specifically meet their requirements....perhaps those people might consider paying up for premium economy or just suck it in and spend the money saved at their destination.

P.S. Profits don't need to double. Forecast PE for 2015 based on an average of 7 analysts forecasts is less than 8 which IMHO has to make this the value buy of the NZX. If you think there's a better value stock trading on less demanding price multiples whilst still having a clearly defined growth profile on the NZX I challenge you to tell me about it, I'm all ears !!! (you needn't bother directing me to all the blue sky companies that promise they'll take over the world but currently lose money and burn cash like its going out of fashion, I'm talking about comparative companies that actually make money now).
    Last edited by Beagle; 08-08-2014 at 08:28 AM.