sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

I'm happy to hold this for the long term despite a lack of share appreciation for the yield. I'm quite surprised this one didn't get a bit of appreciation on the back of the latest irrational increases in some of the companies on the market.

It could go sub $2.50 after ex dividend and if it gets close to $2 I'll load up on it just for the cash flow. With an new fleet, they'll do better if fuel prices increases as competitors get crowded out too and obviously we know they'll do well if it goes lower.

Quote Originally Posted by value_investor View Post
    I'm happy to hold this for the long term despite a lack of share appreciation for the yield. I'm quite surprised this one didn't get a bit of appreciation on the back of the latest irrational increases in some of the companies on the market.

It could go sub $2.50 after ex dividend and if it gets close to $2 I'll load up on it just for the cash flow. With an new fleet, they'll do better if fuel prices increases as competitors get crowded out too and obviously we know they'll do well if it goes lower.
    Was ex dividend on 5 September.

11.83% gross yield at $2.70 assuming 23 cps fully imputed divvies for FY20.
    Interest rates at 100 year lows.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    11.83% gross yield at $2.70 assuming 23 cps fully imputed divvies for FY20.
    Interest rates at 100 year lows.
    Woof, woof. Atamarie.

Can you please show workings for this calculation Beagle.

Kia ora.
    Have a Gr8day.

Quote Originally Posted by GR8DAY View Post
    Woof, woof. Atamarie.

Can you please show workings for this calculation Beagle.

Kia ora.
    Kia ora GR8DAY Kei te pēhea koe?
    23 cents grossed up for imputation credits = 23 / 0.72 = gross of 31.9444 cps. 31.94444 / 270 = 11.83%.
    Mōrena
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Kia ora GR8DAY Kei te pēhea koe?
    23 cents grossed up for imputation credits = 23 / 0.72 = gross of 31.9444 cps. 31.94444 / 270 = 11.83%.
    Mōrena

......im kia mihi rawa atu, whakawhirinaki koe he pai?

Whakawhetai mo to awhina..........BEAGLE bro!
    Have a Gr8day.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by value_investor View Post

I am sure with the high yield lots more will be loading up at 2.50 and above. It might struggle to get to $2, but you never know in a little market, anything could happen.

Busy time for a few AIR directors ....the AGM and they meet up again at the Vector one.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Yikes this could bring the prices down

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/14/saud...-wsj-says.html

Stay calm, AIR have substantial amounts of forward cover on their fuel and exchange rate costs for the next 12 months.