sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Real coup Air New Zealand getting Foran - a real ‘rock star’ CEO

Rock star CEOs generally do better than those with a ‘halo’
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

Rock star CEOs generally do better than those with a ‘halo’
    Just curious - given you state this as a fact, could you point us to some relevant research?

Personally I prefer competence, good work ethics and long term vision over rocking stars ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Just curious - given you state this as a fact, could you point us to some relevant research?

Personally I prefer competence, good work ethics and long term vision over rocking stars ...
    Suppose all rather subjective Peter and preference is what you’re entitled too,

Luxon was a good example of the ‘halo effect’ and some would say he was lucky with the timing if his appointment

He left AIR with profits about the same as his first full year of influence and 40% lower than they were three years ago. Suppose that’s what ‘competence, good work ethics and long term vision’ gives you ......(in a cyclical industry maybe?)

Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

Market seems pretty happy with his appointment ( know I am)

Rock star CEO will charm the pants of the union

Grumpy people on Twitter

Keep it up AIR ...good for shareholders

Piss take @FlyAirNZ charging me $80 for a bag I decide last minute... just because I brought a ticket with no bag and I didn’t do it online you charge me $80 a wrought is what it is 😡 grrr

And

Got another $80 off me for a ticket change I'd only purchased 30 mins before so I urgently try and get home last Thu. It's crazy you can no longer buy a ticket at the airport if there are seats available after check-in is closed from people who didn't show.

And

I once booked a bag online using my phone at the airport. The staff person told me she'd have to charge much more if I did it at the counter. Lucky I had time to do that but the system is gamed against goodwill.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    Market seems pretty happy with his appointment ( know I am)
    Yes I am happy too but at $2.90 I am not a buyer and content to simply hold my moderate stake.
    Forward PE for AIR is actually higher than QAN ! (and many American airlines I follow).
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

https://www.msn.com/en-nz/lifestyle/...cid=spartandhp
    New economy stretch seats coming. 35 inch pitch will be nice but no word on the seat width which will be interesting.

How many various forms of seating are they intending to have, this will make 4 for some aircraft - all at different price points and as you say beagle, no word on width
    Mind you flying recently to and from USA, could have done with a bit extra room - though spend the extra money on experiences with the family than pay extra for premium economy/business when cannot afford both