sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny1 View Post
    That repair was as completed months ago... It's still missing a couple of those big round things that hang under the wings.. And few other bits and pieces that have been robbed to keep the rest of the fleet flying.
    Apparently the big round things under the wing have been reattached ...and will be back in service soon.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Go The Warriors "This Year!"

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Apparently the big round things under the wing have been reattached ...and will be back in service soon.
    No I can confirm they haven't... Second aircraft laid up now too with one engine needed for that one. ... Think more engines are due back soon.

No I can confirm they haven't... Second aircraft laid up now too with one engine needed for that one. ... Think more engines are due back soon.
    Nightmareliner
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Just out of curiosity - how do they transport these engines? I suppose they are too big for air cargo - aren't they?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Go The Warriors "This Year!"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Just out of curiosity - how do they transport these engines? I suppose they are too big for air cargo - aren't they?
    Think they go to Singapore on the 747 freighters that fly in to AKL once or twice a week..

Advanced Member

Recently returned from Europe trip flying economy sectors on Qatar B 777-200LR, Singapore Airlines A380-800 and AIR B787-9 Dreamliner, and AIR Dreamliner noticeably newest, freshest & most comfortable.
    AIR also had friendliest on board service & considerably best entertainment system & content. The others good but not as good.
    That lower altitude cabin pressure & little extra humidity plus being quieter is a big help on those long haul flights. The larger cabin windows are great too.
    Once you get used to those things, its hard to go back.
    Flown AIR Dreamliners before but not back to back comparisons like this where differences were so noticeable.
    Just my h' opinion but v pleased as a shareholder.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    Recently returned from Europe trip flying economy sectors on Qatar B 777-200LR, Singapore Airlines A380-800 and AIR B787-9 Dreamliner, and AIR Dreamliner noticeably newest, freshest & most comfortable.
    AIR also had friendliest on board service & considerably best entertainment system & content. The others good but not as good.
    That lower altitude cabin pressure & little extra humidity plus being quieter is a big help on those long haul flights. The larger cabin windows are great too.
    Flown AIR Dreamliners before but not back to back comparisons like this where differences were so noticeable.
    Good feedback, appreciated
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    Also recently flew Qatar's 787 and A350, found the 787 cramped compared to their A350s which are wider. Their entertainment system was bland too, without anything vaguely controversial on it as for that matter was Doha as a stopover. Their flights are also longer than necessary due to the blockade. Much prefer the entertainment, food and service on Air NZ's 787s which I flew recently as well. Qatar often considered the world's best airline so Air NZ still up to or better than the best.

American Airlines expanding their presence between the US-NZ is a bit negative for Air NZ as these are profitable routes. They will probably increase demand though as Americans are always obsessed by their miles and thus pretty brand loyal. Seems even James Comey wants to come to NZ!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaa View Post
    Also recently flew Qatar's 787 and A350, found the 787 cramped compared to their A350s which are wider. Their entertainment system was bland too, without anything vaguely controversial on it as for that matter was Doha as a stopover. Their flights are also longer than necessary due to the blockade. Much prefer the entertainment, food and service on Air NZ's 787s which I flew recently as well. Qatar often considered the world's best airline so Air NZ still up to or better than the best.

American Airlines expanding their presence between the US-NZ is a bit negative for Air NZ as these are profitable routes. They will probably increase demand though as Americans are always obsessed by their miles and thus pretty brand loyal. Seems even James Comey wants to come to NZ!
    Yes I think on balance it will increase the market, especially in the South Island which AIR was not going to service regardless. Good news indeed!

Concerning flights and aircraft, it really come down to the configuration by the airline rather than the aircraft. I much prefer Singapore airline when flying their old 777s before they moved to the A350 out of NZ, although a more modern aircraft, the seat configuration means business class is the only viable option now rather than economy for any real form of comfort through to Singapore.
    Last edited by Raz; 29-10-2019 at 10:30 PM.

The Kid

Should keep the wolf from the door for a few years. Former Air NZ boss Christopher Luxon issued rights worth nearly $2m.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12280705