sharetrader
Page 152 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 521021421481491501511521531541551561622022526521152 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 20188

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Jetstar would have to buy a new fleet type for these routes. Origin tried to compete but air nz just lowered their fares until they went bust. There is a lot of disquiet about our regional fares. You can fly from chch to akl for around 200 some times and 300 from Nelson to wlg.
    8500 staff got a 750 dollar bonus. We like CL now:-)

You're not allowed to spend it on drinks if you're going on duty in Honolulu I like CL too

PS Nobody talks about increased costs AIR faces from the likes of Airways navigational charges http://www.airways.co.nz/about_Airwa...rt_Results.asp who are doing very well for themselves and that's before we even start talking about Infratil's approach with landing charges at for instance Wellington which some in the industry consider to be egregious and still have to be paid regardless of whether there's one person or a full load from a short flight from say Nelson.
    Last edited by Beagle; 28-08-2014 at 10:54 AM.

Crikey! Queer and Nasty Airlines has just reported a statutory loss of $A2.8 billion.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn

Talking of 747s I always thought I was special with my frequent flyer number ending in 747

Quote Originally Posted by slimwin View Post
    Jetstar would have to buy a new fleet type for these routes. Origin tried to compete but air nz just lowered their fares until they went bust. There is a lot of disquiet about our regional fares. You can fly from chch to akl for around 200 some times and 300 from Nelson to wlg.
    8500 staff got a 750 dollar bonus. We like CL now:-)
    My understanding is that one of the largest factors in the collapse of Origin was the loss of the codeshare agreement with Qantas (or was it Jetconnect?) sometime in the early 2000's, resulting in quite a drop is PAX. When Qantas entered the domestic market alongside AirNZ and Origin, competitive pricing pressures (as you point out) were the final nail in the coffin.

Excuse my newbieness, this could be a real dumb question but I've never had a divy before. Is there any minimum holding period or anything before one qualifies for a divy? Or does simply holding the shares automatically entitle you?

Also, I would assume there any many holders who will wait for the divy and before selling afterwards which will bring SP downwards?

Guru

This is from the announcement

Details of Final and Special Dividends
    * Record Date for Final and Special Dividends: 12 September 2014
    * Payment Date for Final and Special Dividends: 22 September 2014

That means as long as you hold the shares on record date you are entitled to the dividend.

So.. doesn't that mean people can buy in just prior, get the divy and then sell? Causing a quick spike & fall in SP?

Quote Originally Posted by tzbang View Post
    So.. doesn't that mean people can buy in just prior, get the divy and then sell? Causing a quick spike & fall in SP?
    Yes, the share price usually drops by the amount of the dividend.
    No advice here. Just banter. DYOR

Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post
    Yes, the share price usually drops by the amount of the dividend.
    Google 'dividend stripping' and see why some punters think such strategies are profitable

Essentially quite often the shareprice quickly reverts to the price it was prior to the dividend date