sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamcatcher View Post
    Well Said and totally agree just plain scaremongering .............
    Quote Originally Posted by dr_ View Post
    American Airline pilots just sued American Airline, they want to stop flying to China

https://us.cnn.com/2020/01/30/busine...rus/index.html
    Suppose all those pilots are just needlessly scaremongering too Greg Foran who officially starts on Monday next week needs to immediately stamp his authority on the business and cease ALL flights to China effective immediately, in the interests of all airnewzealanders and all New Zealanders, in my opinion.
    Last edited by Beagle; 31-01-2020 at 01:00 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Maybe AIR should shut down all flights including Australia as flights have plenty of "at risk people" on-board who spent a few days in NZ and lets not worry about kiwis trapped in China or elsewhere that need to get home for work. She will be right.............. I'm OK.

Now you're just being deliberately obtuse. Its about mitigating clear and present danger to flight crews and passagers. Hopefully Greg Foran has a good handle on this and will act decisively.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

From what I hear,Greg has been spending a lot of time meeting the troops,who he has impressed already..

Quote Originally Posted by dr_ View Post
    American Airline pilots just sued American Airline, they want to stop flying to China

https://us.cnn.com/2020/01/30/busine...rus/index.html
    Where were the pilots doing when the flu pandemic broke out from North America and killed hundreds of thousands of people globally in 2009?

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Suppose all those pilots are just needlessly scaremongering too Greg Foran who officially starts on Monday next week needs to immediately stamp his authority on the business and cease ALL flights to China effective immediately, in the interests of all airnewzealanders and all New Zealanders, in my opinion.
    ALL flights!
    including the rescue operation which is using an AIR plane

Imagine if this bug was to lie dormant in that plane somehow and infect all the passengers next time!
    Unlikely you say!? But not impossible either....
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    ALL flights!

Imagine if this bug was to lie dormant in that plane somehow and infect all the passengers next time!

Gee, this virus is fast taking on the personality of Calvin in that horror alien sci-fi movie Life on TV the other night.
    Last edited by Blue Skies; 31-01-2020 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    ALL flights!

Not impossible at all. Talk is the virus can live up to 72 hours on any surface. Hope those minimum wage cleaners are really thorough.

LIFE GOES ON but AGREE take all precautions "WITHIN REASON"

Even if half the world is destroyed the other half remaining need to survive.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    With all due respect ... but I think your reaction is a bit over the top.

Based on all we know is this nothing worse than one of the not so pleasant flu strains, and there are most years some new strains (without a vaccine for the new strain) around without people stopping to use planes. And yes - people do die from the flu ... depending on how you count (most flu victims do have preconditions) between 56,000 and 500,000 per year.

Compare that to the 170 or so people who died so far from the Wuhan virus (and yes, most of them had as well preexisting conditions and have been old and weak).

Of course - everybody is absolutely in their right to decide whether they want to board a plane or not ... but I don't think there is a need to repeat in various threads posts describing an in my view quite irrational fear. This clearly won't help anybody (well, maybe the shorters).

Expect though that AIR might go down a bit - and the bottom will be as well a function of peoples hyped up fears.
    While interested in picking up some cheap AIR shares at the bottom of this cycle, it wouldn't feel right to hype up the fear just to pick up the shares a bit cheaper ...
    I will pick on one point, you are simply working from incorrect information, as at today, the medical evidence is the virus infection rates and mortality rate is much higher than common flu strains. Naturally there is a lot of uncertainity and they will have more clarity in the coming weeks.

However no one informed on what is current information can conclude what you suggest.
    Last edited by Raz; 31-01-2020 at 02:24 PM.