sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

And Customs have suspended Smartgate processing for arrivals until further notice - all incoming passengers will be manually processed.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12305377

im surprised air and aia have not fallen a lot more considering the impact on there profits next half yr report
    one step ahead of the herd

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    im surprised air and aia have not fallen a lot more considering the impact on there profits next half yr report
    Surprised also. Today might be the day - AIR down 2.5% and AIA 1.7% already.

I would think a lot of discretionary air travel will go on the backburner and not just from the Chinese. Frankly, flying long haul is not looking like a very attractive proposition at the moment. A share price < $2.50 in the near term is highly likely in my opinion.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I would think a lot of discretionary air travel will go on the backburner and not just from the Chinese. Frankly, flying long haul is not looking like a very attractive proposition at the moment. A share price < $2.50 in the near term is highly likely in my opinion.
    your dead right and heres how your affected

A Chinese man with coronavirus shared a flight from Melbourne to the Gold Coast with 171 others when he was sick, and four fellow travellers have already fallen ill.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/up-to-200-...065733445.html
    one step ahead of the herd

[FONT="]A Chinese man with [/FONT]coronavirus shared a flight from Melbourne to the Gold Coast with 171 others when he was sick, and four fellow travellers have already fallen ill.

Must be time to shut down all of our ports and airports and particularly make sure that none of the nasty Australians can enter the country unchecked ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

[FONT="]A Chinese man with [/FONT]coronavirus shared a flight from Melbourne to the Gold Coast with 171 others when he was sick, and four fellow travellers have already fallen ill.

International travel...in any form including ship cruise is off this dog's menu.
    Local travel, I'll not be bolden, I'll take my Holden
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    International travel...in any form including ship cruise is off this dog's menu.
    Local travel, I'll not be bolden, I'll take my Holden
    Careful where you go fill up ....use one of those pay at the pump places and hope like hell there’s no bugs on the nozzle or the key pad.....so take your sanitising wipes with you
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

I see the Australians have made a travel advisory to their citizens not to travel internationally. Interesting trend, so that will invalidate for certain any travel insurance they hold on this issue. Chances are if you get caught up you will be paying quarantine or health care yourself and if you don't appreciate that you may well appreciate how much of your trip could end up in quarantine in any any jurisdiction you travel, especially in countries that now have random checks at airports.

Dilettante

Sitting at AIA. Interesting to see about 1/3 of people wearing masks and many glasses as well.