sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

The "standard" of the domestic terminal is also a disgrace.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    The "standard" of the domestic terminal is also a disgrace.
    That's being rebuilt - but the runway is falling apart it seems.

"One of New Zealand's biggest travel agencies says coronavirus FEARS have resulted in FEW CANCELLATIONS from clients, although consultants have been busy rebooking new flights for others who had been flying through China." ............ $2.50 if you want to read more NZ Herald

Seems not everyone fears flying

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/07/coro...oll-rises.html Wonder how many will cancel cruises this year ? which will have a roll on effect on the air travel involved.

We were all set to go on our first ever cruise in Sept this year...just as well it was a P&O Oh Buoy $1 initial deposit sale at Christmas. Its looking very unlikely we'll be paying the 25% deposit due next month. https://www.pocruises.com.au/campaigns/oh-buoy-sale
    For anyone interested, their marketing, print and T.V. shows a slim young lady encouraging Kiwi's to get into lots of New Zealand natural ice-cream...the only thing is that its clearly implied that this is included in the cruise price but it isn't. The Ice-cream parlor on board is not one of the included dining facilities in the cruise but an optional extra. I'll leave you to judge for yourself if you think this is disingenuous marketing or not. I think its pretty "sharp practice" especially using large imagery that's highly appealing to a hungry dog that likes that ice-cream. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5B6BE0qFTA
    Last edited by Beagle; 07-02-2020 at 04:42 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/07/coro...oll-rises.html Wonder how many will cancel cruises this year ? which will have a roll on effect on the air travel involved.

We were all set to go on our first ever cruise in Sept this year...just as well it was a P&O Oh Buoy $1 initial deposit sale at Christmas. Its looking very unlikely we'll be paying the 25% deposit due next month. https://www.pocruises.com.au/campaigns/oh-buoy-sale
    For anyone interested, their marketing, print and T.V. shows a slim young lady encouraging Kiwi's to get into lots of New Zealand natural ice-cream...the only thing is that its clearly implied that this is included in the cruise price but it isn't. The Ice-cream parlor on board is not one of the included dining facilities in the cruise but an optional extra. I'll leave you to judge for yourself if you think this is disingenuous marketing or not. I think its pretty "sharp practice" especially using large imagery that's highly appealing to a hungry dog that likes that ice-cream. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5B6BE0qFTA
    Don't you think that this virus will be just a memory by then?
    I'll still be going on three trips planned (so far) this year starting in May.
    I'll get in the tin can and fly to Melbourne in March - might get an upgrade if everyone decides not to go.

Easy enough to reschedule a cruise for when it is safe and will probably be at a better price. Not prepared to bet money, (aka pay a sizeable deposit next month) in the hope it will be all over by Sept, although I do hope it is !

Banned

Easy enough to reschedule a cruise for when it is safe and will probably be at a better price. Not prepared to bet money, (aka pay a sizeable deposit next month) in the hope it will be all over by Sept, although I do hope it is !
    What a blow you will have to go skiing instead.Lol

It should be by then otherwise mankind is doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    What a blow you will have to go skiing instead.Lol
    True, though don't forget that the infection risk in the winter hemisphere (skiing) is probably higher than in the summer hemisphere (cruise ship). I think I'd take the summer, agree however with beagle that he will get probably better prized cruises closer to the time.

Wondering however when the first specials for Queenstown come out ... always wondering whether the place is worth a visit .. and might be actually nice with lesser tourist around?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    True, though don't forget that the infection risk in the winter hemisphere (skiing) is probably higher than in the summer hemisphere (cruise ship). I think I'd take the summer, agree however with beagle that he will get probably better prized cruises closer to the time.

Wondering however when the first specials for Queenstown come out ... always wondering whether the place is worth a visit .. and might be actually nice with lesser tourist around?
    Sept is a great time to visit Q/town, after the peak of the ski season yet still looks like an Alpine resort and before the summer visitors start flocking to the area.