sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

I saw that Air Asia deal yesterday and was very tempted but didn't go through the fine print and as is often the case the devils probably in the details

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Leopard View Post
    Air Asia X (i.e. long haul) offering me all I can fly for one year for MYR499 (NZ$200).

It comes with a few caveats that adds a few more ringgit to each flight that you can actually book but it is making headlines.

https://www.airasia.com/deals/passes...unlimited-pass
    Hit the link and it comes up -sorry deal no longer exists. Talk about desperation pricing...(that's even worse that AIR's $9 domestic offer today which is actually free flying as airways and landing fees are more than $9 per passenger). Maybe Air Asia have gone bankrupt already ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 02-03-2020 at 09:52 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    And if you come down with it while in the US, you will be equally concerned about your health and your financial position to gain access to care to deal with it
    Not really.. I will have travel insurance and I would imagine I have a similar chance of catching it in the US as I do in NZ AND I am fairly healthy so I may not even need to visit a GP. The quarantine would be a pain though but hey not about to change travel plans on the basis of a near 0% chance of infection

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Hit the link and it comes up -sorry deal no longer exists. Talk about desperation pricing...(that's even worse that AIR's $9 domestic offer today which is actually free flying as airways and landing fees are more than $9 per passenger). Maybe Air Asia have gone bankrupt already ?

Air Asia CEO and founder is a prodigee of O'leary from Ryan air. Two of the longest serving captains of industry around both growing their companies from pretty much nothing so would be surprised if air asia in any real strife. Well oiled machine, that one

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Slothbear View Post
    Air Asia CEO and founder is a prodigee of O'leary from Ryan air. Two of the longest serving captains of industry around both growing their companies from pretty much nothing so would be surprised if air asia in any real strife. Well oiled machine, that one
    I was just yanking the snow cat's tail
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Slothbear View Post
    Air Asia X (the long haul part) is a separately listed and financially much more troubled and risky company than the core Air Asia. I would have serious concerns over Air Asia X surviving another year in this environment.

Likewise Malaysia Airlines, already dependent on government support could see losses escalate.

To my earlier post about the strong surviving and then getting stronger, core Air Asia as the strongest regional low cost airline should survive and thrive.

It should also be noted, Malaysia has handled the outbreak really well so far.
    Last edited by Jaa; 02-03-2020 at 10:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaa View Post
    Air Asia X (the long haul part) is a separately listed and financially much more troubled and risky company than the core Air Asia. I would have serious concerns over Air Asia X surviving another year in this environment.

Likewise Malaysia Airlines, already dependent on government support could see losses escalate.

To my earlier post about the strong surviving and then getting stronger, core Air Asia as the strongest regional low cost airline should survive and thrive.

It should also be noted, Malaysia has handled the outbreak really well so far.
    Malaysia airlines has been keen to offer business class at a discount and especially if you have flown with them previously. That is a real concern if they do not have sticky premium customers to fill the premium cabin. Assume the Government will continue financial support thou....

Quote Originally Posted by James108 View Post
    Not really.. I will have travel insurance and I would imagine I have a similar chance of catching it in the US as I do in NZ AND I am fairly healthy so I may not even need to visit a GP. The quarantine would be a pain though but hey not about to change travel plans on the basis of a near 0% chance of infection
    Your cute, this is not covered by most travel insurance policies and everyone has underlying health issues..its just a matter if events trigger them. Given that, you are likely right, you most likely will have no problems. Just if you did...

The Kid

I like this guy more than the last one already. Foran heading out on the frontline. "One of the aspects of my job I get most satisfaction about is getting hands-on with customers and staff. Don't be surprised to see me working with our Cabin Crew serving on flights, checking customers in at airports or welcoming everyone arriving or departing at Koru lounges."

https://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/news/...o-clean-planes

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by IAK View Post
    I like this guy more than the last one already. Foran heading out on the frontline. "One of the aspects of my job I get most satisfaction about is getting hands-on with customers and staff. Don't be surprised to see me working with our Cabin Crew serving on flights, checking customers in at airports or welcoming everyone arriving or departing at Koru lounges."

https://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/news/...o-clean-planes

Wow, fantastic appointment & great timing. Couldn’t think of a better person to head AIR at moment.