sharetrader
Page 156 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 561061461521531541551561571581591601662062566561156 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 20188

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Cups back then better than the poly ones you get on the planes now .... but then there were heaps of people employed to wash them.

Is the world a better place?

You beat me to it with the image Quickdraw Mcgraw w69. I remember as a kid going overnight on the Limited, watching grown adults chuck them out the windows.......

used to do the ferry as well winner, on the Rangitira, the Maori, and the Wahine (but not the last voyage)
    Last edited by Xerof; 01-09-2014 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xerof View Post
    You beat me to it with the image Quickdraw Mcgraw w69. I remember as a kid going overnight on the Limited, watching grown adults chuck them out the windows.......

used to do the ferry as well winner, on the Rangitira, the Maori, and the Wahine (but not the last voyage)
    Just for you - the Maori

Those were the days .... hours in the bar ..... find your berth .... a few hours kip .... steward and a cuppa in the money ....off the boat and on to a train and in middle of Chch by 9am

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    Took the Overlander from Palmy to Auckland many years ago. Very relaxing and got to see more of the country than I ever would have driving/flying. I keep telling Kiwis to take it when they say the want to go to Canada see the mountains/forests. Ummmm, it's right in your own backyard guys!!!
    But Vancouver to Jasper is something special though isn't it Moosie

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    No idea. I'm an East Coast boy!
    I loved Halifax when I ended up there for a couple of days years ago.

Great spots around Nova Scotia

I take a guess and say you from Montreal

W69 I remember the overnight train Akl to Wellington, as a family we could only afford regular seats and I remember how painful it was to try and get any sleep, any you managed to get was always accompanied by a very painful neck, then spending the day in Wellington and then overnight to Lyttleton on the ship.
    It was quite the journey and I remember how sick I got on the boat.
    This morning AIR had grabaseat specials to CHCH for $45 and you're there in 1 hour 20 minutes. Quite the contrast don't you think.
    Last edited by Beagle; 01-09-2014 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    W69 I remember the overnight train Akl to Wellington, as a family we could only afford regular seats and I remember how painful it was to try and get any sleep, any you managed to get was always accompanied by a very painful neck, then spending the day in Wellington and then overnight to Lyttleton on the ship.
    It was quite the journey and I remember how sick I got on the boat.
    This morning AIR had grabaseat specials to CHCH for $45 and you're there in 1 hour 20 minutes. Quite the contrast don't you think.
    Yes a different world but what an experience it was in those days

To get to the AIR meeting $89 down .... would have to stay for the sharetrader meeting as cant afford the expensive late afternoon Koru Hour flights home .... and stay the night either in the overseas terminal (open 24 hours I believe) or with percy ... and get a $69 mid morning home

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Yes a different world but what an experience it was in those days

To get to the AIR meeting $89 down .... would have to stay for the sharetrader meeting as cant afford the expensive late afternoon Koru Hour flights home .... and stay the night either in the overseas terminal (open 24 hours I believe) or with percy ... and get a $69 mid morning home
    Yes it certainly was quite "the" experience.
    Sssshhh keep it between us but Forest and I are catching the last flight home on Jetstar at 20.50 because it gave us more drinking time after the AIR AGM. I couldn't possibly comment on which airline we're flying down on and absolutely refute that price had anything to do with it LOL. Be great if you can come along

Default Hint

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Yes it certainly was quite "the" experience.
    Sssshhh keep it between us but Forest and I are catching the last flight home on Jetstar at 20.50 because it gave us more drinking time after the AIR AGM. I couldn't possibly comment on which airline we're flying down on and absolutely refute that price had anything to do with it LOL. Be great if you can come along

it is not AIR

$2.17 ($2.015 ex divvy) is great buying with management clearly confident of further growth in the years ahead. The latent hungry beagle hound that lurks within is very happy with the XXXXL forthcoming divvy feed hence I decided to buy more and order off the upsized dividend menu