sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

if Parliament and Caucus goes into lockdown and MPs dont travel that'll be a big dent in AIRs passenger numbers
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    if Parliament and Caucus goes into lockdown and MPs dont travel that'll be a big dent in AIRs passenger numbers
    But look at the bright side ... less fuel consumption and with that less global warming (planes which don't fly don't excrete carbon) and a nice little saver for the tax payer
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

..........dont think I'd touch AIR even at $1.50 ATM ........... (cant believe it'd still HOVERING around 2buks TBH)
    Have a Gr8day.

Ex dividend on Thursday, just wait.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by GR8DAY View Post
    ..........dont think I'd touch AIR even at $1.50 ATM ........... (cant believe it'd still HOVERING around 2buks TBH)
    It will drop like a rock after div..... 80c to $1 sounds good to me. Remember the good old day 19/9/16, when they paid out a 10c+25c div all on the same day....a silly move. The sp dropped $1 within a few days.

I think this might have a wee rest around the $1.70-$1.80 mark for a couple of weeks after the dividend. After that as the sheer brutality of the way demand is falling off the face of a cliff becomes even more readily apparent it will resume its downward trajectory. Happy to stay short for the foreseeable future. There's a very real chance this ends in tears and another Govt bailout.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

A fly in the ointment for short sellers will be when competitors announce they are withdrawing NZ longhaul services and AIR picks up those customers and then returns to a monopoly on those routes. I believe that will dampen the blow somewhat, although a blow it will still be to the SP.

QAN down 6.4% already as I type, AIR after guidance withdrawal down just 2.4%...ask yourself which is the more rational response.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

hong kong airlines is asking air china to bail it out today otherwise bust
    one step ahead of the herd

QAN now down ~ 10%, Australian market crashing, down 5.3% and its only been open for less than an hour