sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Another shocking day on the NZX but AIR is up

That’s good
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

If once each generation the national airline needs taxpayer money to keep going politicians should act to break the cycle or at least limit the liability.

I propose if this scenario arises from the present crisis politicians should revive NAC the former domestic carrier and commit to only rescuing domestic flying in the future.

International flying can be undertaken by private parties without the burden on the taxpayers of the Cullen Put or flag airlines of other nations. If one of the international carriers falls over there are plenty of others who can fill the gap.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Diamonds are a girls best friend.

Well it was a waste of 30 minutes valuable time but what the hey....yes five times over a post span of 374 (#15424 through #15667). Yes so many...so, so many, not kidding...so many. LOL starting to channel Trump are we?
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I have lost count of the number of times I have stated I have a short position, its so many, (not kidding).
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz

For cyclical companies like AIR, you can only make fortune to buy at cycle low. Surely nobody knows how low is low. One solution may be dollar cost average. I have started to buy at $2, and plan to buy more when SP drop every 15%.

At current price, AIR is less than its book value. Looks attractive.

Quote Originally Posted by Lease View Post
    For cyclical companies like AIR, you can only make fortune to buy at cycle low. Surely nobody knows how low is low. One solution may be dollar cost average. I have started to buy at $2, and plan to buy more when SP drop every 15%.

At current price, AIR is less than its book value. Looks attractive.
    The best information we have is that current net tangible asset backing as at 31 December 2019 was $1.63. After payment of the pending dividend this will reduce to $1.52.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

The best information we have is that current net tangible asset backing as at 31 December 2019 was $1.63. After payment of the pending dividend this will reduce to $1.52.
    I'm saying book value. Not net tangible asset.

Book value might be hard to realize, though ... who would need these days a handful of spare dream liners?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Book value might be hard to realize, though ... who would need these days a handful of spare dream liners?
    Well, probably some people you don't know

Okay, Total Equity as at 31/12/19 was $2,014m on 1,123m shares = total book value of $1.79. They did not accrue the 11 cent dividend in these financials so adjusting for that, which is about to be paid total book value per share = $1.68. http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...043/317644.pdf
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Okay, Total Equity as at 31/12/19 was $2,014m on 1,123m shares = total book value of $1.79. They did not accrue the 11 cent dividend in these financials so adjusting for that, which is about to be paid total book value per share = $1.68. http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...043/317644.pdf
    So far today's low is $1.785<$1.79, so SP is less than BV. I have said nothing wrong.