sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    People who prefer to listen to cats have plenty of time to lick their wounds
    And drink sour milk!

RIP my 200,000 QAN FF Points and $3,000 ish in Air NZ dollars . Any wine recommendations? Can probably get a few cases before the points are worthless

Any good suggestions for spending air dollars? I have about $1000 to spend today.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by hoyinma View Post
    Any good suggestions for spending air dollars? I have about $1000 to spend today.
    I bought Mitre 10 vouchers - dollar for dollar. 5 year expiry.

Quote Originally Posted by hoyinma View Post
    All in on the Mt Difficulty Pinot
    https://www.airpointsstore.co.nz/win...Selection.html

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    There is plenty of alochol and Icebreaker on there .....
    What about toilet paper or hand sanitiser?

On a serious note, what a time to be sitting on the sidelines watching this unfold. Being quite new to financial markets and investing (don't hold any Air NZ) it is a great learning experience watching it all happen.

Quote Originally Posted by k14 View Post
    What about toilet paper or hand sanitiser?

On a serious note, what a time to be sitting on the sidelines watching this unfold. Being quite new to financial markets and investing (don't hold any Air NZ) it is a great learning experience watching it all happen.
    It truly has been fascinating

It clicked for me about 14 days ago when Tom Hanks, several NBA players and several English Premier League footballers and Aust govt minister came out and said they have it. At that stage there were 80 reported cases in Aust, and about 600 in the US and UK each.

But what are the chances of all of these famous people having it when the infection rate is so low?? It's impossible. Then I realised f*** this thing is going to be massive and everyone has it, it's just that famous people are more likely to be tested.

That's when I realised everything is **** and shorted anything I could find

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    I bought Mitre 10 vouchers - dollar for dollar. 5 year expiry.
    With the way they're squeezing their suppliers, I personally wouldn't touch them with a barge-pole!

I've got quite a few APD that I had redeemed on flights, but I don't know yet what I'm going to do withe the balance. The AP store represents rather poor value.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
    With the way they're squeezing their suppliers, I personally wouldn't touch them with a barge-pole!

I've got quite a few APD that I had redeemed on flights, but I don't know yet what I'm going to do withe the balance. The AP store represents rather poor value.
    Yep it's a bit of a rip off price rise. But figure I'd rather get some useful items (Mitre 10 voucher, new coffee machine etc) than risk losing them as this airline heads for even worse turbulence. All my APD came from reimbursed work travel so it's not like it's costing me anything ... although my dreams of the once-in-a-lifetime free business class roundtrip to Europe are rapidly fading!!

Advanced Member

$ 1.08 ...Beagle you take your short back ?