sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Where's AIRplanes being parked up?

Emirates have many at Dubai ...this little shows a few of them
    https://twitter.com/belowmda/status/...932197376?s=19
    Last edited by winner69; 28-03-2020 at 10:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post
    I agree with you, what people don't seem to understand is yes they got money from the government, however its a huge loan they will need to pay back - with interest!
    Paying back a massive loan on hugely reduced earnings doesn't sound like my idea of fun.

I must admit that having gone from flying 2-3 times per week on average (and internationally at least 1-2 times per month) right up until early Feb, I don't actually miss flying that much. I'll be glad to have a break from the scrambled eggs and camp fire beans in the koru lounge for a while. Miss the free choccy fish though.

Maybe travel will go back to more of the "good old days" where ticket prices are higher but it's more of an experience - I feel like budget airlines will have the hardest time rebounding.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Foran:
    “Maybe by Christmas we'll be back to a third of the size, maybe in 18 months we're back to three-quarters of our size.“

In other words munted

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12320272
    Never again will we see AIR reporting a NPBT of $806m as our Chris with the golden halo once did.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Foran:
    “Maybe by Christmas we'll be back to a third of the size, maybe in 18 months we're back to three-quarters of our size.“

In other words munted

'''''
    Attachment 11167

Foran:

In other words munted

$900m just the first tranche of "support". They will need another $900m within a few months. Turnover now being talked about is $500m per annum down from $6,000m per annum, so just 8%. I expect that to come down even further. Cash burn must be about $300m a month from April PLUS all the cash they have to refund to passengers for cancelled flights. Unless there is a massive capital raise I foresee the company being in a negative equity position in late 2020, (in other words more than $2 billion in losses wiping out all existing equity).
    Minority shareholders are on a one way trip to.... you know where.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

I bailed yesterday at 89c. Made a bit of a loss, but not as much as I could have. I can't see an immediate future in AIR as an investor.

So much for travel of aircraft being safe...not that I think anyone actually ever believed that... 8 staff of AIR infected with the virus from LA and London route https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/natio...cid=spartandhp
    Last edited by Beagle; 28-03-2020 at 02:08 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    So much for travel of aircraft being safe...not that I think anyone actually ever believed that... 8 staff of AIR infected with the virus from LA and London route https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/natio...cid=spartandhp
    OMG Beagle. I know you've gone short on AIR but isn't this a bit over the top !!!???. 350-380 people have DIED travelling in cars in each of the last 2 years in NZ.
    Last edited by iceman; 28-03-2020 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    OMG Beagle. I know you've gone short on AIR but isn't this a bit over the top !!!???. 350-380 people have DIED travelling in cars in each of the last 2 years in NZ.
    Not OTT mate. A lot of people on here were stating that aircraft had medical grade air filtration systems and as such they are safe but the truth is people are travelling in a very confined space breathing each others air and its quite obviously not safe. If this was not the case why would out Govt recommend all non essential domestic travel cease forthwith ?, (that was before the lockdown).
    Last edited by Beagle; 28-03-2020 at 03:07 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    These 8 infected (such a nasty sounding word isn't it), will probably be in good health and totally fine. In the Netherlands it is now found that 80% of those in IC are overweight. Not many an overweight AIR host or hostess that I have seen. So actually its not that dangerous an occupation (unless you happen to be overweight and suffer pre-existing conditions)

I see NZ already has 50 recovered patients and till no no deaths although one person with other conditions is critical.
    Last edited by blackcap; 28-03-2020 at 03:23 PM.