sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mikeybycrikey View Post
    I just recently joined the Sharesies FB group. Whole range from complete novices asking for really basic advice, through to people wanting to invest in crypto and other crazy things. Lots of good things about Sharesies but there might be a lot of people getting caught up in the hype and doing things they don't really understand.
    That is how I see it. The financial illiteracy is astounding. But there are genuine questions. Some of the investment criteria they use are a worry though.

looks like the market likes 1300 odd people getting the sack , stocks on a tear
    one step ahead of the herd

It's obvious why AIR is bouncing (up 15% to $1.04 today) = 100,000 blind investors each with $40 a week to invest clearly outweigh the handful of us willing to stump up 100k. AIR is currently uninvestable in the near term. It's only the passion for the brand, the sense of adventure, the love for exploration that each person currently investing holds close to their heart.....blehhhh! They have no idea of the upcoming government debt to equity swap or the seriously damaged balance sheet that will be tabled until it's too late!

Banned

AIR is a very difficult investment situation at the moment and as some would say perhaps univestable because of the degree of uncertainty. However a couple of things stand out for me on this thread at the moment:
    - there are a lot of haters of AIR that can't entertain any other scenario than a bad one for AIR holders;
    - a fair amount of arrogance about the little sharesies people...what would those novices know etc.
    - today is the highest volume day since the the stock came out of trading halt (crashed from $1.54 to below a buck that day) and the stock is strong on the day so far.

Not saying I'm bullish but its useful to keep an open mind that anyone base case scenario can be wrong and sometimes wrong in a big way.

no way the borders are opening up this year , air will need more money by then too.
    one step ahead of the herd

Cam said that Australia pre crisis was 22% of AIR’s ASK

Talk of a Aussie NZ ‘bubble’ might have got punters excited
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Banned

Master winner.....there are a lot of newbies buying SKC n AIR.

My wife colleague...never invest in the share....but saw this opportunity n bought some. No clues.....

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    This sharsies Facebook group seems to be a bit of fun

Where is it ...link?

Quick look couldn’t find it
    It's probably just that you are spelling Sharesies incorrectly.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Cam said that Australia pre crisis was 22% of AIR’s ASK

Talk of a Aussie NZ ‘bubble’ might have got punters excited
    Would that necessarily be a good thing? The Aussie carriers might want to go for the jugular...

Well maybe if forums like this one did a better job of encouraging and supporting beginners, they would come here instead. We all had to start somewhere, and at least those who post there are trying to learn and improve their situations by getting started with investing. How about giving them a break and offering them some guidance and encouragement rather than arrogantly dissing their efforts?

i didn’t understand jack **** either when I started out. But I wanted to learn and give it a go. Coming here to do that wasn’t easy. It was downright intimidating and when I first joined ST, the arrogance and lack of genuine support was significant. I left because I didn’t have the balls to deal with that. Yeah, I came back, with a bit more confidence and a lot less tolerance for the bull****. But this is not an ideal place for beginners, especially women. ST has been mentioned over on the Sharesies Facebook group at times and I have posted to say, yes, there are some very helpful people here and yes, there is much to learn. But I have also pre-warned beginners that they might need a thick hide and the ability to sort the wheat from the chaff. I make no apologies for that.

Sharesies is making an effort to educate, encourage and support beginning investors. They set the groups up as part of this and as far as I am concerned that is a very good thing. They also lurk on the groups and will step in to correct any incorrect information or inappropriate suggestions/recommendations as needed.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeybycrikey View Post
    I just recently joined the Sharesies FB group. Whole range from complete novices asking for really basic advice, through to people wanting to invest in crypto and other crazy things. Lots of good things about Sharesies but there might be a lot of people getting caught up in the hype and doing things they don't really understand.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    That is how I see it. The financial illiteracy is astounding. But there are genuine questions. Some of the investment criteria they use are a worry though.