sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Veteran novice

That may be the effect, arc, but it needs buyers to start a dead cat bounce in the first place. Difficult and risky to try and initiate it otherwise.

Speculation is easy and free, but maybe they are gearing up for a cash issue which will ensure the on going viability of the company in its present form and rule out a debt to equity swap with the Government.
    Surely a cash issue would be making sense?
    The question then is, are some institutions in the know, and buying accordingly?
    The second question is, with no new information and continuing huge cash burn, why is there not a question to the company by the NZX for the inexplicable share price rise?
    From 80c to 1.28 today, a 60% rise in less than a month for a company that is ostensibly on the road to going broke?
    Last edited by biker; 16-04-2020 at 11:05 AM.

Guru

Today AIR share price rockets away upwards..presently 127c up 9c +7.6% on lower volume.. momentum has increased BB released with price trend Gapped up...but the -ve divergence is still there...
    From my previous 1 year chart the breakout (orange arrow) is now blue with confirmation of the yesterdays squeezed BB now being released and the change of price trend is upwards not downwards...good news eh?..Next Price target 133c ?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    Today AIR share price rockets away upwards..presently 127c up 9c +7.6% on lower volume.. momentum has increased BB released with price trend Gapped up...but the -ve divergence is still there...
    From my previous 1 year chart the breakout (orange arrow) is now blue with confirmation of the yesterdays squeezed BB now being released and the change of price trend is upwards not downwards...good news eh?..Next Price target 133c ?
    Today Morningstar - Accumulate TP $2.10

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dreamcatcher View Post
    Today Morningstar - Accumulate TP $2.10
    No that was on March 21st that MS said they downgraded their valuation to $2.10 which was after the event i.e. the share price had collapsed. As we all know events have changed since then.

Whatever you think of the business the share price will meet serious resistance in the $1.35-$1.50 zone so now its better to head to the sidelines and wait for the rights issue which is likely coming in the next couple of months. By then it might be clearer what the next couple of years looks like for them and how much cash they need to raise to survive for better times.

It really has been a big jump in a short space of time. I have pretty low expectations about how quickly international travel will recover so I'm out for now.

I'm half expecting that the price rise might keep going right up until 4.01pm today when the PM starts outlining what the near future holds.

Feels to me like expectations of the future are getting way ahead of reality. But I've been wrong many times before and I guess there is a chance that AIR will be back to normal in just a handful of months.

I can't see them even being at 50% of their previous passenger numbers/revenue in 12 months from now and most of that will surely be domestic.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbroath View Post
    No that was on March 21st that MS said they downgraded their valuation to $2.10 which was after the event i.e. the share price had collapsed. As we all know events have changed since then.

Whatever you think of the business the share price will meet serious resistance in the $1.35-$1.50 zone so now its better to head to the sidelines and wait for the rights issue which is likely coming in the next couple of months. By then it might be clearer what the next couple of years looks like for them and how much cash they need to raise to survive for better times.
    MS on ASB shows 15th April Accumulate #2.10 downgrade due to price change..........not that many people take notice.

Still have a small holding in AIR and was not expecting such a huge bounce so will continue to watch with interest

I'm still incredulous about this. Another significant dip must be coming. I can't see any realistic way otherwise.

Maybe many of these buyers are younger, with decades till retirement, looking at a long term hold. In 10-15 years (or more) things could look very different for AIR. Couldn’t they?

Quote Originally Posted by mikeybycrikey View Post
    It really has been a big jump in a short space of time. I have pretty low expectations about how quickly international travel will recover so I'm out for now.

I'm half expecting that the price rise might keep going right up until 4.01pm today when the PM starts outlining what the near future holds.

Feels to me like expectations of the future are getting way ahead of reality. But I've been wrong many times before and I guess there is a chance that AIR will be back to normal in just a handful of months.

I can't see them even being at 50% of their previous passenger numbers/revenue in 12 months from now and most of that will surely be domestic.

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    Maybe many of these buyers are younger, with decades till retirement, looking at a long term hold. In 10-15 years (or more) things could look very different for AIR. Couldn’t they?
    It’s not these “buyers” you think driving the shareprice unless all your friends are millionaires , it’s institutions .