sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Story is that all 777's are being grounded for a year, possible old -200 ones will never fly in AIR livery again.
    Just under 1,000 long haul crew to go.

So much uncertainty over time-frames and demand makes it impossible to put a current value on AIR.
    om mani peme hum

Advanced Member

I think that's a very good point Matthew Goodson, MD of Salt Funds Management makes in that link you provided Beagle.
    Many will be under the illusion the Rescue Package (actually a loan with high interest) is a Rescue Package for the owners i.e. shareholders, which of course it is not.

With costs far far outweighing revenue, & massive debt, remaining shareholders are going to get smashed.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    I think that's a very good point Matthew Goodson, MD of Salt Funds Management makes in that link you provided Beagle.
    Many will be under the illusion the Rescue Package (actually a loan with high interest) is a Rescue Package for the owners i.e. shareholders, which of course it is not.

With costs far far outweighing revenue, & massive debt, remaining shareholders are going to get smashed.
    Like many on here of a certain age I have seen the effects on AIR from SARS, MERS, EBOLA, HINI, 9/11 the GFC and the crashes of the A320 in France and who can ever forget the haunting images permanently imprinted in our minds of the horrific DC10 crash at Mount Erebus.

From a business perspective the challenge AIR faces from Covid 19 is completely off the charts compared to any challenge ever faced before. I don't think the young ones understand this so they will have to learn the hard way. Nothing I can say on here will change the fact some people have to learn the hard way so I won't try too hard.
    Last edited by Beagle; 17-04-2020 at 09:50 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    Today AIR share price rockets away upwards..presently 127c up 9c +7.6% on lower volume.. momentum has increased BB released with price trend Gapped up...but the -ve divergence is still there...
    From my previous 1 year chart the breakout (orange arrow) is now blue with confirmation of the yesterdays squeezed BB now being released and the change of price trend is upwards not downwards...good news eh?..Next Price target 133c ?
    I agree with all that people left holding the bag will definitely be seeing some red in portfolio, but looking at depth looks like it's going to 133 on open and I suspect beyond that later in the day

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by clip View Post
    I agree with all that people left holding the bag will definitely be seeing some red in portfolio, but looking at depth looks like it's going to 133 on open and I suspect beyond that later in the day
    This could be why?

https://twitter.com/SaraWalker_IG/st...04305332346882

https://www.statnews.com/2020/04/16/...-to-treatment/

“The severely hit patients are at such high-risk of fatality. So if it’s true that many of the 113 patients were in this category and were discharged, it’s another positive signal that the drug has efficacy,” he said, adding that it will be important to see more data from randomized controlled studies.
    Last edited by blackcap; 17-04-2020 at 10:00 AM.

Guru

A "successful" treatment will allow the economy to return to "normal" a lot quicker than a vaccine

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12324948

16 777's now effectively rendered almost worthless ?
    It didn't take them long to burn through their own $1.000m in cash did it ! Now looking at drawing down on the $900m Govt loan. That should see them through to June or July 2020 but after that ?
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Ding! AIR just hit a 75% increase on their March low, now at $1.4...surely the ceiling has been hit, reality of AIR's dire situation must set in soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12324948

16 777's now effectively rendered almost worthless ?
    It didn't take them long to burn through their own $1.000m in cash did it ! Now looking at drawing down on the $900m Govt loan. That should see them through to June or July 2020 but after that ?
    The article doesn't explicitly say that, does it? More than likely true but is there any data that actually confirms it?

"It now faces drawing on a $900m bailout loan from the Government as it burns through cash."

Quote Originally Posted by Flugenbear View Post
    Don't think I've ever seen such a screaming sell....ever....
    I was a little premature....lol.
    But now, surely...
    Or have I missed something? Are they about to ramp up operations?
    Share price seems to think so....