sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Not sure if it is enough volume to be driving the market but there are an awful lot of new investors sitting at home with nothing better to do than gamble on the stockmarket - and at the moment it is all coming up smelling of roses for them, so they encourage their mates in and on it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by flyer View Post
    So mis read this, here I was telling a couple of friends not to buy in at 80c as it should drop to under 50c, that was only 2 weeks ago. The volume is way too much for something big not happening. Just wondering if looking to aussie domestic market, they are needing another airline if virgin cant be propped up - Air AUSTRALIA?
    To be honest I'm not sure anymore. The NZX is only about 10% off all time highs now so I think AIR is just joining that journey. Plenty of other shares have almost doubled in the last two weeks.

I mean even THL is back up to $1.50 and their business is surely stuffed for a good year at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Timesurfer View Post
    Not sure if it is enough volume to be driving the market but there are an awful lot of new investors sitting at home with nothing better to do than gamble on the stockmarket - and at the moment it is all coming up smelling of roses for them, so they encourage their mates in and on it goes.

Looking at the Sharesies Facebook group it seems like they are all piling in to AIR. Nevermind the 1% revenue guidance, it's going up, buy more!

2019 NZ Stock Picking Winner silverblizzard888's Avatar

Its all newbie money haha, its like they are all buying the well known names, it'll probably happen to every other stock onces the steam runs out and they get addicted to those easy gains. Rake in the gold old timers big wave of new money coming from all directions!

But seriously fundamentally people are crazy.
    Last edited by silverblizzard888; 17-04-2020 at 03:12 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Arbroath View Post
    AIR is a very difficult investment situation at the moment and as some would say perhaps univestable because of the degree of uncertainty. However a couple of things stand out for me on this thread at the moment:
    - there are a lot of haters of AIR that can't entertain any other scenario than a bad one for AIR holders;
    - a fair amount of arrogance about the little sharesies people...what would those novices know etc.
    - today is the highest volume day since the the stock came out of trading halt (crashed from $1.54 to below a buck that day) and the stock is strong on the day so far.

Not saying I'm bullish but its useful to keep an open mind that anyone base case scenario can be wrong and sometimes wrong in a big way.
    As I said it's useful to keep an open mind. When I posted that it was $1.03 and now $1.59. I have sold out on the bounce which has been far larger than I imagined and it doesn't make any fundamental sense to me but it's still trading strong for now

Banned

Mayday...mayday... mayday...look like AIR plane is crashing!

Quote Originally Posted by propertynewb View Post
    This reminds me of bitcoin in December 2017.
    lol I was thinking the same thing on my run earlier today

Quote Originally Posted by silverblizzard888 View Post
    Its all newbie money haha, its like they are all buying the well known names, it'll probably happen to every other stock onces the steam runs out and they get addicted to those easy gains. Rake in the gold old timers big wave of new money coming from all directions!

But seriously fundamentally people are crazy.
    A lot of them riding the gold rush with institutions price action buying to secure future spots when things settle but when they start cutting holdings at whatever time they want a lot of new retail holders who hold dying companies getting artificially boosted from a irrational drop will get burned imo

Like I can’t understand why you would touch THL but hey folks you could have made 200 percent gains doing it !

Out on the bounce - not quite where I wanted to be (grrr DB!) but close enough. Good luck to holders!

Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post
    Mayday...mayday... mayday...look like AIR plane is crashing!
    Kinda seems like the flight path and trajectory was planned all along.

Even Sir John Key quoted in today's NZ Herald: "I was on Air New Zealand's board to the end of March, and as it's been publicly stated, it's a company that made $6 billion dollars in revenue a year, and it's literally gone to $500 million. I saw some stats saying they carried 900 people on the Friday before Easter, and the same time last year they carried 58,000, so for a company like that it's immensely difficult, because all your revenue disappears."