sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by clip View Post
    Plenty more than that, from 80c low to touch $1.60 i think last week is 100% gain
    yep insane , good trade is the only view i hold as there is no way to value it based on any certainty , so as others are pointing out looks like lots of gamblers punting on the future
    one step ahead of the herd

Advanced Member

I saw a comment on another thread, along lines of CV will wipe our AIR's competition & therefore they'll have a monopoly!
    Maybe that sort of thinking driving the SP speculation.

Excuse me while I scratch my head

Does CMC or IG markets allow shorting of AIR currently?

Quote Originally Posted by Traderx View Post
    Does CMC or IG markets allow shorting of AIR currently?
    Yes - someone please tell me how I can short these shares! I only use DB at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    I saw a comment on another thread, along lines of CV will wipe our AIR's competition & therefore they'll have a monopoly! Maybe that sort of thinking driving the SP speculation. Excuse me while I scratch my head
    Looking at social media, I think that's the kind of logic you're dealing with yeah. Oh... and an article I saw on a millennial/zoomer-targeted site on what Buffet is probably buying... Southwestern Airlines... so AIR must be good right!
    "The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent." – John Maynard Keynes

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    F*** you guys piss me off.

Here’s an idea ... how about you all give me your Sharesies Facebook group handles, so I can send them the list of arseholes who joined up purely to have a laugh at genuine members expense.

You all disgust me.

You're actually pretty strange yourself and I don't know why you even post here if that's your viewpoint.

Firstly, the posters here have been in the game for a long time and have experienced bad decisions and trading and realise how badly you can get burnt on random punt positions. The people on those facebook pages are literally just chasing money which is fine, but it comes at a risk since that's just gambling. A lot of people on there also brag and start thinking they know how to invest better than anyone else because they are up 50% on AIR, and actually insult/refuse to take advice. It's almost pointless even trying to have a conversation with most of them. I have some friends who are now giving people stock opinions based on price action alone which is quite hilarious and I don't even bother to correct them.

I recall you made a post elsewhere that the ST community should be helping the facebook page. Why on earth would that be an obligation? You can teach yourself everything about trading online independently. Furthermore, the majority of traders on facebook probably wont even want to open a book to learn about investing and that's not me being insulting but I can appreciate people have different priorities in life and trading will be low on the list for them - which is fine. I lost some money on some dumb decisions when I started and I think it's better I learnt that myself and didn't have someone out of the blue just start telling me what to do.
    Last edited by Cadalac123; 20-04-2020 at 01:55 PM.

Sounds Air suggesting that once the wage subsidies are used up they will be gone.

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    F*** you guys piss me off.

Here’s an idea ... how about you all give me your Sharesies Facebook group handles, so I can send them the list of arseholes who joined up purely to have a laugh at genuine members expense.

You all disgust me.

What they are saying is right, if that hurts your feelings then that's your problem.

If having compassion, being kind, caring about people, and preferring to help them learn rather than ridicule them - makes me “pretty strange” - I am happy to own (and be proud of) your label. Not even remotely insulted by it.

I am not disputing the fact that there are a lot of struggling beginners in the Sharesies group, who clearly lack a basic understanding of what they are trying to do, but that doesn’t mean they are stupid and incapable of learning. I just don’t understand why people here feel the need to sit high on their 6 or 7 figure portfolio thrones, and ridicule them.

But hey, if being an arsehole to others gets your rocks off, there’s nothing I can say that will make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadalac123 View Post
    You're actually pretty strange yourself and I don't know why you even post here if that's your viewpoint.

Firstly, the posters here have been in the game for a long time and have experienced bad decisions and trading and realise how badly you can get burnt on random punt positions. The people on those facebook pages are literally just chasing money which is fine, but it comes at a risk since that's just gambling. A lot of people on there also brag and start thinking they know how to invest better than anyone else because they are up 50% on AIR, and actually insult/refuse to take advice. It's almost pointless even trying to have a conversation with most of them. I have some friends who are now giving people stock opinions based on price action alone which is quite hilarious and I don't even bother to correct them.

I recall you made a post elsewhere that the ST community should be helping the facebook page. Why on earth would that be an obligation? You can teach yourself everything about trading online independently. Furthermore, the majority of traders on facebook probably wont even want to open a book to learn about investing and that's not me being insulting but I can appreciate people have different priorities in life and trading will be low on the list for them - which is fine. I lost some money on some dumb decisions when I started and I think it's better I learnt that myself and didn't have someone out of the blue just start telling me what to do.

For the record. A LOT of people have invested a LOT of their valuable time on here freely sharing their experiences, idea's research and analysis. Some of them have several decades of investing experience and have spent many thousands of hours of their time sharing for the benefit of others. Naturally there are limits to the amount of time these people have to give away for nothing. I think one on here has seriously overreacted to a light hearted jesting comment or two.
    Last edited by Beagle; 20-04-2020 at 02:16 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine