Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Seems Virgin Aust going into administration
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    it seems likely -

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-04-...vency/12165550

"Virgin Australia pilot calls for a last-minute lifeline as company approaches insolvency"

Quote Originally Posted by levin123 View Post
    My fav WSB hall of fame moments are probably the guy who lost $4m (incl f&f money) trading VIX and the guy who made what something like $10m on Tesla puts
    Was the first one the guy who basically exposed a big flaw in Robin Hood risk management? Or am I thinking of the wrong one:

https://www.reddit.com/r/OutOfTheLoo..._and_1r0nyman/

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    I have been informed that it has indeed happened, although I have no confirmation of this.

Never invest in Airlines
    om mani peme hum

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Leopard View Post
    I have been informed that it has indeed happened, although I have no confirmation of this.

Never invest in Airlines
    What about Helicopters?

Legend

Behind the Paywall (pasted from Google search):

Virgin Australia: Airline faces voluntary administration www.theaustralian.com.au › business › dataroom

25 mins ago - Virgin's Australia has been placed into voluntary administration after a board meeting on Monday failed to secure a white knight backer.

Quote Originally Posted by nztx View Post
    Behind the Paywall (pasted from Google search):

Virgin Australia: Airline faces voluntary administration www.theaustralian.com.au › business › dataroom

25 mins ago - Virgin's Australia has been placed into voluntary administration after a board meeting on Monday failed to secure a white knight backer.
    Karma.

Remember how Richard Brandon tore up a make-up cheque from Air NZ to buy Virgin to access the Oz domestic market when Ansett got into trouble?

Now Oz will have just the one airline. Air fares sure will be going up!

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Karma.

Remember how Richard Brandon tore up a make-up cheque from Air NZ to buy Virgin to access the Oz domestic market when Ansett got into trouble?

Now Oz will have just the one airline. Air fares sure will be going up!
    The articles are reading like Morrison’s government wants another competing airline in Aus but other businesses take priority and they are waiting to see where all the chips end up.

might not be the last we see of Virgin (and I hope not) it’s always good to not have a monopoly in business.

Quote Originally Posted by dompf View Post
    The articles are reading like Morrison’s government wants another competing airline in Aus but other businesses take priority and they are waiting to see where all the chips end up.

might not be the last we see of Virgin (and I hope not) it’s always good to not have a monopoly in business.
    *shrug* with the direction Qantas are going, just like Air NZ it will be a government owned monopoly - air travel as a public transport. I can see worse outcomes.

Quote Originally Posted by dompf View Post
    If they could see some future advantage it represents an opportunity for Lee Kuan Yew Airlines to eliminate their fellow shareholders from the register for a knock down price.

Any of their fellow shareholders seeking to raise money to increase their stake in a bust airline would have their financier instructing a flunkey to release the hounds.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn

PS. Richard Branson of Virgin is trying to raise cash to shore up Virgin Atlantic. A completely different company to the under arm namesake.
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-bailout.html
    Last edited by Marilyn Munroe; 21-04-2020 at 03:57 AM. Reason: spelling & added PS
    Diamonds are a girls best friend.