sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    If bookings doubled, then still less than 10% of usual revenue.....
    People will also be booking with the existing credits they have with AIR NZ , so maybe not even any new income ....

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclical View Post
    Funny name for a company that's completely rooted.
    The name Virgin suddenly made me think about Branson's proximity with Jeffrey Epstein in the Carribean islands they both own. Gulp. No not creepy, not creepy at all.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12326338 How Covid 19 brought the aerospace industry down to earth.

Interesting times for the industry as a whole
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12326338 How Covid 19 brought the aerospace industry down to earth.

Interesting times for the industry as a whole
    Bubbles of debt with wings !! Ha.

"Out of the world's nearly 1,000 airlines a lot are just bubbles of debt with wings said Brian Burridge, chief executive of the Royal Aeronautical Society.

The other thing this article reminds us about (than the aerospace industry) is the interconnectedness of everything and how it all the pain travels through the various links to affect heaps more people than is originally envisaged. I call them tentacles as they reach out everywhere. And when the news is bad the snowball seems to grow and grow until it crushes all the saplings and only the sturdiest remain.
    Last edited by peat; 21-04-2020 at 04:01 PM. Reason: horrible mixed metaphor but this is not a fiction
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post

"Out of the world's nearly 1,000 airlines a lot are just bubbles of debt with wings said Brian Burridge, chief executive of the Royal Aeronautical Society.

The other thing this article reminds us about (than the aerospace industry) is the interconnectedness of everything and how it all the pain travels through the various links to affect heaps more people than is originally envisaged. I call them tentacles as they reach out everywhere. And when the news is bad the snowball seems to grow and grow until it crushes all the saplings and only the sturdiest remain.

Hahaha ... "Bubbles of Debt with Wings" .. priceless

Hunting for Heuristic trends

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post

The other thing this article reminds us about (than the aerospace industry) is the interconnectdness of everything and how it all the pain travels through the various links to affect heaps more people than is originally envisaged. I call them tentacles as they reach out everywhere. And when the news is bad the snowball seems to grow and grow until it crushes all the saplings and only the sturdiest remain.
    Yes, thats Chaos Theory in action

https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/natio...cid=spartandhp

AIR refuses to disclose the number of staff with Covid 19

How are the public supposed to have confidence flying with them again ?

There has been talk of a class action by Qantas staff alleging Qantas engaged in reckless endangerment through lack of provision of PPE gear to staff.

It makes me incredibly nervous when a company engages in deliberate concealment of relevant information. I imagine it makes AIR staff very nervous too ! I won't be flying in the foreseeable future.
    Last edited by Beagle; 21-04-2020 at 09:13 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/natio...cid=spartandhp

AIR refuses to disclose the number of staff with Covid 19

How are the public supposed to have confidence flying with them again ?

There has been talk of a class action by Qantas staff alleging Qantas engaged in reckless endangerment through lack of provision of PPE gear to staff.

It makes me incredibly nervous when a company engages in deliberate concealment of relevant information. I imagine it makes AIR staff very nervous too ! I won't be flying in the foreseeable future.
    Is it relevant?
    So long as they don't put crew who are positive in the front line you can have total confidence.
    If they said it was 11 people how would that help?

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    Is it relevant?
    So long as they don't put crew who are positive in the front line you can have total confidence.
    If they said it was 11 people how would that help?
    The crew member who attended the Bluff wedding didn't think he had an issue and now there's about 100 people paying the price. Absolutely its relevant !
    How many other Kiwi's are at risk because irresponsible crew are playing Russian roulette with people's lives ?
    Why are AIR deliberately concealing this information ? Could it be because they don't want the public to understand the risks in flying domestically or on what international routes remain ?

This smells worse than 7 day old fish left in the sun to rot.

The crew member who attended the Bluff wedding didn't think he had an issue and now there's about 100 people paying the price. Absolutely its relevant !
    How many other Kiwi's are at risk because irresponsible crew are playing Russian roulette with people's lives ?
    Why are AIR deliberately concealing this information ? Could it be because they don't want the public to understand the risks in flying domestically or on what international routes remain ?

This smells worse than 7 day old fish left in the sun to rot.
    Well they initially started releasing the information then stopped... one assumes when it really started to get bad...