sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Go The Warriors "This Year!"

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12328442 AIR N.Z. @ 80 years old is almost back to where it all started....includes some interesting comments from head of E Tui union Savage that demonstrate he has very little understanding of the commercial reality the company faces. Reasonable look back at the history, well written by Grant Bradley, well respected aviation writer at the N.Z. Herald. (Was worth this weeks subscription to read that)
    From having been to a few meetings where Mr "Savage" was present, I doubt he has much understanding of anything!

Disc: NOT a member of his union!

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
    Good to see Winston mouthing off prematurely as usual.

Winston Peters hints at big changes for Air NZ

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/121...ges-for-air-nz

Personally I can't wait to fly Air Winston or Air NZ First Airways. What could possibly go wrong?
    Maybe Shane Jones could throw in some of his regional lolly scramble money ? He might listen to Winston, he doesn't seem to listen to anyone else !
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Peters said he still wanted to run Air New Zealand along "business lines," but not as it is traditionally understood.
    Instead of the company providing value to its shareholders and itself, Peters wanted it to be looked at in terms of the value it added to the wider regional economy.

no big profits for years or dividends , its a not for profit community service now
    one step ahead of the herd

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    Peters said he still wanted to run Air New Zealand along "business lines," but not as it is traditionally understood.
    Instead of the company providing value to its shareholders and itself, Peters wanted it to be looked at in terms of the value it added to the wider regional economy.

no big profits for years or dividends , its a not for profit community service now

You would think that should be setting off multiple alarm bells for remaining shareholders. But from some of the comments I've read on other websites, I think many interpret it as being the govt will have to save the airline & incorrectly deduce it will therefore have to bail the shareholders out so they can't lose.
    Anyone else seeing that?
    Only thing I can think of thats holding up the SP at mo, unless its the talk of reopening travel border with Australia.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Surely this is a complete farce ! Why is it being sanctioned by the Govt ? How are the public supposed to respect level 3 protocols when a Govt controlled airline does not respect them ?
    Personally I don't give a crap about the spacing and I have let people closer than 2m to me. Does not bother me. But what does bother me is the government telling us ad naseaum that we must keep our distance and then an entity which they own blatantly flouts this rule. You are so right, the respect from me (and many others) for the level 3 rules is long gone.

As an aside, a good friend of mine went hunting with his kids during level 4 lockdown. He told a policeman friend (past the fact) of his who thought it was the funniets thing.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Personally I don't give a crap about the spacing and I have let people closer than 2m to me. Does not bother me. But what does bother me is the government telling us ad naseaum that we must keep our distance and then an entity which they own blatantly flouts this rule. You are so right, the respect from me (and many others) for the level 3 rules is long gone.

As an aside, a good friend of mine went hunting with his kids during level 4 lockdown. He told a policeman friend (past the fact) of his who thought it was the funniets thing.
    It sounds a bit risky. Do you have vulnerable people in your bubble?

I imagine there are people who do not think any level of Covid rules don't apply to them.

Unfortunately, I do not imagine that lockdown regulations and/or the enforcement of them will be any fairer than other system of laws and regulations. Also, you always get people who will follow both the letter and spirit of regulations, and you will always get others who will not.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 01-05-2020 at 08:49 AM.

Outside thinking.

Personally I don't give a crap about the spacing and I have let people closer than 2m to me. Does not bother me. ....
    And no doubt you will be the first to complain and blame the Govt if NZ has to go back to level 4 lock-down and the economic downturn worsens.

FWIW in my area Kiwi's are taking their responsibilities v seriously. Pity you aren't.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    It sounds a bit risky. Do you have vulnerable people in your bubble?

I imagine there are people who do not think any level of Covid rules don't apply to them.

Unfortunately, I do not imagine that lockdown regulations and/or the enforcement of them will be any fairer than other system of laws and regulations. Also, you always get people who will follow both the letter and spirit of regulations, and you will always get others who will not.
    The whole point is, why should I listen to the words of those in power when their deeds tell a different story?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    And no doubt you will be the first to complain and blame the Govt if NZ has to go back to level 4 lock-down and the economic downturn worsens.

FWIW in my area Kiwi's are taking their responsibilities v seriously. Pity you aren't.
    You misread my post. I take other peoples concerns seriously. I will offer a 2m distance and will not invade other's bubbles if there is no consent. But if others choose to get closer to me that does not bother me one bit. So yes I am taking my responsibility seriously, but I understand why others are not.

Outside thinking.

The whole point is, why should I listen to the words of those in power when their deeds tell a different story?