sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Are Koru lounges open under Level 2
    No definitive announcement as yet. We haven't even seen the new schedule. IMO they'll keep them closed for the time being as they must severely restrict the number of people in the lounges, they must enforce social distancing enforced (the company has a significant Worksafe enforced liability around this) , and they cannot serve buffet style.

Quote Originally Posted by nztx View Post
    Wonder if SJ realises that his own value will possibly be fundamentally changed too .. come any number of unfortunate events (for example, something called an election or if Pinstone Weters for any reason is not on board & the public don't like SJ dropped into the hot seat as replacement with trying his mindless interferring & trumpeting away)
    Wonder no more "'I've got every right to put that challenge to the executive class of Air New Zealand because every three years I put my self to the test in the political market.''
    Salary figures from last year's annual report show 31 Air New Zealand managers were paid more than what Jacinda Ardern earned then - $471,000.... The figures also showed 44 ''aircrew, engineering, overseas and other staff'' were paid more than the PM last year...
    "

When you have a good deep think about it, given the airline is Govt controlled and only there now because of massive Government support which has avoided it being Bankrupt already, it is completely inappropriate that any employee (including Greg Foran) now earns more than the PM. 12 staff at AIR earn more that $1m and some are doing little more than sitting around picking their noses, watching flight radar and commenting on twitter Instagram and fakebook about the bleeding obvious that demand has fallen off a cliff into a very deep chasm. Thank you "Captain Obvious" for stating the obvious but do we really need to pay you one million dollars a year to post such remarkable "insights".... Heck, some dogs post their insights for free.
    Last edited by Beagle; 12-05-2020 at 07:01 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Wonder no more "'I've got every right to put that challenge to the executive class of Air New Zealand because every three years I put my self to the test in the political market.''
    Salary figures from last year's annual report show 31 Air New Zealand managers were paid more than what Jacinda Ardern earned then - $471,000.... The figures also showed 44 ''aircrew, engineering, overseas and other staff'' were paid more than the PM last year...
    "

When you have a good deep think about it, given the airline is Govt controlled and only there now because of massive Government support which has avoided it being Bankrupt already, it is completely inappropriate that any employee (including Greg Foran) now earns more than the PM. 12 staff at AIR earn more that $1m and some are doing little more than sitting around picking their noses, watching flight radar and commenting on twitter Instagram and fakebook about the bleeding obvious that demand has fallen off a cliff into a very deep chasm. Thank you "Captain Obvious" for stating the obvious but do we really need to pay you one million dollars a year to post such remarkable "insights".... Heck, some dogs post their insights for free.
    You don't need the weatherman to tell you when it's bucketing down ... I'll do his job for half the price.

On a side note, cannot get anyone to action the refund of my nearly $1500 APD that were used to purchase goods that turned out (over 6 weeks later) to be permanently out of stock.

Nobody will respond to any comms.

Legend

"

How much does Joe Public pay this SJ Trougher for blowing bubbles, wiggling a stick in a large slush fund & throwing tantrums ?

Not trying to in anyway defend AIR or corporate Empire building - but what would any commercial airline be shelling out for Top Level Manpower ? .. Perhaps SJ should aim his shanghai instead at the Unions who contributed to an exorbitant pyramid of Staffing costs at some of these large outfits .. in particular those owned by the taxpayer .. that is if he was game to dare even ferrit out some of the root causes, rather than shooting from the hip loudly & thereby further trying to prove valid reason for his membership of the Left's ignorant "A-H Club"
    Last edited by nztx; 12-05-2020 at 08:34 PM.

How much does Joe Public pay this SJ Trougher for blowing bubbles, wiggling a stick in a large slush fund & throwing tantrums ?
    Come on now, when in charge of a billion dollar lolly scramble there must be at least some effort in deciding in which direction to throw the lollies, that's got to be a little bit harder than watching flight radar all day and making moronic tweets. SJ has to be worth at least...oh I dunno...minimum wage
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Legend

Come on now, when in charge of a billion dollar lolly scramble there must be at least some effort in deciding in which direction to throw the lollies, that's got to be a little bit harder than watching flight radar all day and making moronic tweets. SJ has to be worth at least...oh I dunno...minimum wage
    There are tens of thousands of more worthy reciprients of a Jones rescue grant to help them survive & continue in existence - where it could be most beneficial .. and yet he wastes his time slugging AIR .. exactly what planet is SJ on ?
    Last edited by nztx; 12-05-2020 at 09:08 PM.

There are tens of thousands of more worthy reciprients of a Jones rescue grant to help them survive & continue in existence - where it could be most beneficial .. and yet he wastes his time slugging AIR .. exactly what planet is SJ on ?
    Planet Shane Jones
    Anyway...back to AIR. I'd wager Grant Robertson will throw them another bone on Thursday. Hope its more fairly priced than the last one.
    Last edited by Beagle; 12-05-2020 at 10:05 PM.

If the market is correct, then AIR is no where near the dire situation that is being made out by the company itself, the media and others.
    Something doesn’t add up.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by biker View Post
    If the market is correct, then AIR is no where near the dire situation that is being made out by the company itself, the media and others.
    Why would you think that the market is correct?

Quote Originally Posted by biker View Post
    I think most of us have concluded the market is indeed...incorrect.
    Last edited by Cyclical; 14-05-2020 at 05:50 PM.