sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    Certainly the 60cm gap isn't the 1m they want so is it worth it?
    Seems a bit token to me.
    Leaving the middle seat vacant AND everyone wearing a mask is not ideal but in my opinion it is better than being jammed in like sardines literally rubbing shoulders and sharing arm rests with complete strangers.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Leaving the middle seat vacant AND everyone wearing a mask is not ideal but in my opinion it is better than being jammed in like sardines literally rubbing shoulders and sharing arm rests with complete strangers.
    You do know that jury is well out on wearing of masks - if worn badly they probably cause more harm than good.

The airline appears to be morally and ethically bankrupt already ! That is profoundly shocking !
    Steady On.

Not too long ago AIR was considered a jewel. Remembering that companies are made of people, and people answer the phones.
    I will reserve judgement on the poor souls who have to deal with customers over the phone, I can only imagine the abuse they have
    suffered.

Coming from a workshop environment where every so often when someone comes in acting like an arse you have the distinct pleasure
    of telling them to f*&!k off. Customer service employees have to gin and bear it.

Quote Originally Posted by thedrunkfish View Post
    Steady On.

Not too long ago AIR was considered a jewel. Remembering that companies are made of people, and people answer the phones.
    I will reserve judgement on the poor souls who have to deal with customers over the phone, I can only imagine the abuse they have
    suffered.

Coming from a workshop environment where every so often when someone comes in acting like an arse you have the distinct pleasure
    of telling them to f*&!k off. Customer service employees have to gin and bear it.
    Lets have a look at the facts shall we.
    There are separate and multiple reports from different parties indicating AIR are deliberately dragging the chain on issuing refunds and credits.
    By law travel through America including transiting must be refunded not credited. AIR legal know full well that their beyond rights through America require compliance with US refund laws but have been dragging the chain and fobbing people off for ages. It took the Consumers institute to file a formal complaint with the commerce commission for them to finally agree to issue refunds, (but only for customers that ask for them). How many hours must customers sit in telephone waiting queue's to speak to someone ?
    Is it reasonable that AIR are allowed to take a full month to respond to an emailed request for a refund ? What the heck are all the staff doing that aren't flying ?
    75% of staff are retained and they are providing about 10% of normal flight services but wait times for communication appear to have never been worse. Does this strike you as fair and reasonable ?

I put it to you that senior management have instructed front line staff to avoid cash refunds at all costs and to actively engage in a campaign of deliberate obfuscation and frustration.

I think its an disgrace to cancel people's flights, promise them a credit and then they have to rebook exactly the same flights on the same day at 3 times the price. How on earth is this not a blatant breech of the fair trading act ? AIR in my opinion are engaging in some very sharp practices that are seriously undermining the goodwill of the public and destroying their former pretty good reputation.
    I stand by my earlier comment you have quoted. AIR was good, now their reputation is being rapidly flushed down the toilet.

Any conduct is okay as long as it saves cash right ? Those front line staff answering the phones should be grateful they still have a job. A serious attitude change is required by some AIR staff. Others I know that work for AIR are very nice people but there is definitely a "culture of entitlement" within the airline from my first hand observations and discussions.
    Last edited by Beagle; 21-05-2020 at 04:42 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    From Salt FundsvApril report
    Put this together and the onerous Government debt package must surely have a high likelihood of being converted into equity, heavily diluting current holders. The share price may come under pressure as this possibility becomes more obvious.
    Air NZ & government would need minority shareholders’ approval to convert the debt into shares, I would have thought - protection of minorities etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Air NZ & government would need minority shareholders’ approval to convert the debt into shares, I would have thought - protection of minorities etc.
    Normally yes, but if a company gets into financial difficulty the shareholders are often left with a choice between (i) losing everything in an insolvency or (ii) getting massively diluted through the conversion (or similar scheme) but still having a small fraction of their original investment.

Beagle, FYI I got a refund very quickly after I asked via email for travel booked to US.

I was pretty impressed given the circumstances.
    Last edited by James108; 21-05-2020 at 05:32 PM.

Lets have a look at the facts shall we.
    There are separate and multiple reports from different parties indicating AIR are deliberately dragging the chain on issuing refunds and credits.
    By law travel through America including transiting must be refunded not credited. AIR legal know full well that their beyond rights through America require compliance with US refund laws but have been dragging the chain and fobbing people off for ages. It took the Consumers institute to file a formal complaint with the commerce commission for them to finally agree to issue refunds, (but only for customers that ask for them). How many hours must customers sit in telephone waiting queue's to speak to someone ?
    Is it reasonable that AIR are allowed to take a full month to respond to an emailed request for a refund ? What the heck are all the staff doing that aren't flying ?
    75% of staff are retained and they are providing about 10% of normal flight services but wait times for communication appear to have never been worse. Does this strike you as fair and reasonable ?

I put it to you that senior management have instructed front line staff to avoid cash refunds at all costs and to actively engage in a campaign of deliberate obfuscation and frustration.

I think its an disgrace to cancel people's flights, promise them a credit and then they have to rebook exactly the same flights on the same day at 3 times the price. How on earth is this not a blatant breech of the fair trading act ? AIR in my opinion are engaging in some very sharp practices that are seriously undermining the goodwill of the public and destroying their former pretty good reputation.
    I stand by my earlier comment you have quoted. AIR was good, now their reputation is being rapidly flushed down the toilet.

Any conduct is okay as long as it saves cash right ? Those front line staff answering the phones should be grateful they still have a job. A serious attitude change is required by some AIR staff. Others I know that work for AIR are very nice people but there is definitely a "culture of entitlement" within the airline from my first hand observations and discussions.
    I put it to you that your post is anecdotal and opinionated without fact.

Your the one who sounds self entitled. The entire company has gone from a shining star to a shambles through no fault of its own. Sorry if you freinds didn't get a timely refund my heart bleeds but thousands of talented and hard working people have had their lives turned upside down through no wrong doing and I won't agree with someone slandering their reputation because of a single source report of poor service.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by James108 View Post
    Beagle, FYI I got a refund very quickly after I asked via email for travel booked to US.

I was pretty impressed given the circumstances.
    My wife had a flight booked to London via LA. Cancelled and quickly refunded about 6 weeks ago. AIR staff did very well in the circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by thedrunkfish View Post
    I put it to you that your post is anecdotal and opinionated without fact.

Your the one who sounds self entitled. The entire company has gone from a shining star to a shambles through no fault of its own. Sorry if you freinds didn't get a timely refund my heart bleeds but thousands of talented and hard working people have had their lives turned upside down through no wrong doing and I won't agree with someone slandering their reputation because of a single source report of poor service.
    Self entitled to expect the basic ideals of the fair trading act to apply.

This company was never a shining star..Chinesekiwi sets out just one of these lovely management & union maneuverings and any long time customer knows the experience has been deteriorating for years pre covid-19.

If you haven't notice thousands of talented and hard working people have had their lives turned upside down right throughout the country, many with in essence no income while in AIR we have staff employed in a company with no work for them and no ability to afford. Except from Government support. Basically many cases of six figure by proxi wage subsidy. I pay six figures in tax and this is what it is wasted on.