sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Advanced Member

Share price flying on hot air ? Saving AvGas ?

Quote Originally Posted by Chinesekiwi View Post
    Thank you to all who sent PM's and comment after my last post.

After getting the boot I decided to drive (not fly lol) the daughter back to Vic Uni in Welly and make a road trip of it.

Spent a little in many of the small towns along the way - sharing the love, felt fun yet an almost futile gesture given the tsunami of damage coming our way.

Air NZ is a good employer and more than a company - an institution perhaps. I hope in time a better version of itself reemerges, one that is invest-able but that won't be anytime soon.

Foran and his team need to address why if LWOP is not put in place why 9000 stay on the payroll when operating at 10% or less capacity and with a grim ongoing outlook.
    The 3500 gone or going are in large numbers the front line operators (pilots, airport managers, outstation operators, crew, engineers etc) whose numbers will re grow proportionately as operations kick up - the expense will roll back in (aligned with revenue).

QANTAS have already showed how to put an organisation to sleep so to speak. Air NZ is only now discussing furlough outcomes some 8 weeks into a Pandemic.

Air NZ always used the word nimble - bloated and stumbling may be more apt today.
    Great post and thank you for your insiders view. Still vast numbers of bloated pigs scoffing themselves silly at the AIR feeding trough. Do you get first dibs to be hired again if business eventually recovers back somewhere near previous level's ?
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Still got $600m in the bank and haven’t to spend government money

That’s good

Share price might head back to $2
    Heading towards $2 ...might get there sooner than most think
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Once I have severed my employment( ie received the final payout) I am more able to discuss - at the moment am bound by a contract so wouldn't want to jeopardise a smooth end to this relationship. It shouldn't be a suprise that companies of this size are aware of these forums and I have heard it alluded to in the HQ.

There is at the moment no path of return for certain employees - more information once I am a free spirit.

Heading towards $2 ...might get there sooner than most think
    What type of happy juice did you have with lunch ?
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    What type of happy juice did you have with lunch ?
    Might get there before OCA gets to $1
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Might get there before OCA gets to $1
    LOL it must have been something REALLY strong

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    LOL it must have been something REALLY strong
    Closed out that short yet, Beagle?

La la...

someone think its heading to $0.84 cents meanwhile someone think it’s heading to $2.0 dollar soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclical View Post
    Closed out that short yet, Beagle?

La la...
    No I'm hanging in there with dogged determination. Jarden's reckon its only worth 84 cents... I reckon less...70% of staff and 100% of equipment with just 10% of business has got to be the most "compelling" business plan of all NZX listed companies. This is the stuff of "legendary genius". What could possibly go wrong LOL
    Last edited by Beagle; 27-05-2020 at 03:41 PM.