sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    I don’t bleat like a lamb, never have, I Ram Ram Ram like the TerBaaNator! Lol ��

Just pointing out that Jetstar are no better than AIR, they’re both fleecing their sheeple.
    Thing is with Jetheap though, you get what they say on the tin. Dirt cheap fares with really poor service...nobody expects anything else and at least they don't pretend to be something they're not.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    "Air New Zealand is hanging tough on refunds in the face of renewed pressure from Consumer NZ which says the airline will suffer lasting brand damage". It certainly will !
    Cam Wallace chief revenue officer 'If we were to open the floodgates and refund those that would accelerate the requirement to use the loan and we would have to make some even more aggressive changes to our cost base.'' He's a total muppet. Such changes would put the company on a much more competitive footing going forward and they wouldn't suffer irreparable brand damage.

Honestly where do they find these idiots ? As for paying them mega bucks...oh my goodness, they'd be better hiring a marketing graduate fresh out of University for $60,000, save themselves $1m per annum plus. Even a wet behind the ears graduate fresh out of Uni could tell you AIR are shooting themselves really badly in both feet and causing irreparable brand damage.

Another two more months for an online system for their ostensibly almost worthless credits. Pathetic is sometimes such an inadequate word. https://www.msn.com/en-nz/money/news...cid=spartandhp

JetStar has never looked so good !!
    What Cam is essentially saying is that he's going to hang tough and continue to deny the calls to provide refunds on the basis that he doesn't pay the folk who paid good money for their tickets any interest on their involuntary loan to Air New Zealand but if he did refund he'd have to use the money that they government has pledged as a lifeline.

By doing so that avoids Greg, Cam and the rest of the remaining Executive Team having to make further hard decisions around having to reduce costs because not having that cash means less interest costs and less exposure to a Government loan that would reduce their independence to make decisions. Funding to avoid having to make further reductions to their staff is NOT the responsibility of the consumer who flies with Air NZ and can't take a flight due to the involuntary restrictions on travel... if Air NZ management have a good case not to have to reduce jobs further they can take it to their shareholders particularly the NZ Government and see how the taxpayer will judge if it value for money at the ballot box.

By waving a middle finger at the paying public and crying poor, they shed any vestige of sympathy I have for their predicament.

Family members who shelled out for the 'trip of a lifetime' and were promised cash refunds 6 weeks ago still waiting (and have lost their jobs in the interim) - I guess their modest sums of money are better off lining the likes of Cam Wallace's pockets, right? I mean earning big bucks for stating the obvious and mucking around on flight radar is definitely more valuable.
    Last edited by samjaynz; 03-06-2020 at 07:39 PM.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Thing is with Jetheap though, you get what they say on the tin. Dirt cheap fares with really poor service...nobody expects anything else and at least they don't pretend to be something they're not.
    Well that might be your experience, you both have ‘special needs’ but for me flying Jetstar has saved a small fortune domestically and I haven’t noticed any difference from the AIR domestic service, except that I have a whole lot more money than had I flown with the over priced national service that is up themselves with ego and hubris. $500 air return to Auckland versus $120 return on Jetstar. Go figure. Anyway this isn’t helping me get my money back for cancelled flights.

Cam still keeping us up to date with his daily reports

@camwallace_nz
    Slow start to the day with fog in CHC, thanks for your patience. Flying 27% of last year's @FlyAirNZ passenger numbers which requires us to operate 51% of capacity. @andykirton
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

I see Cam always tags Andy Kirton in on his tweets

Andy ex General Secretary of Labour Party (was he pushed as a result of that sex scandal?) now Head of Corporate Affairs at Air NZ

Head of Corporate Affairs generally one of the better lurks in a corporation.

He’s turning a blind eye to a lot of things as well .....suppose he still works there?

Investor

Good on Jon Duffy, Consumer NZ head and ex Trade Me Senior Exec standing upto customers impacted by Air NZ's pathetic handling of the situation.

AIR chief marketing man left last week as a result of Greg’s trimming (axing) of Exec Team
    Last edited by winner69; 03-06-2020 at 08:19 PM.

Poor me, poor me from Air Nz......... join the club, mate. “ Hundreds of thousands in credits”
    Stop the Bull...t its many millions. They cannot even state the Truth. As I posted a few days ago this is not finished and the latest release reminds me of Donald’s responses.
    Could anything be worse than that?
    Pat
    Prediction is hard even with the crystal ball.

When Cam says lising so many staff has been ‘eye-wateringly sad’ for everyone I suppose he means many ended up in tears.