sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    I was criticising Forans leadership in this ... Cam doing a good job as the yes man

Another sad story ... and pissed of customer

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/300...ealand-credits
    There's probably hundreds of thousands of customers in N.Z. that feel AIR's conduct is morally repugnant. That's incredibly corrosive to the natural feeling of parochial goodwill many Kiwi's feel towards "their" national airline. JetStar will probably start flying again in N.Z. on 1 July 2020. Whether or not people have been directly offended by AIR's outrageous approach to credits a lot of people will vote with their feet for a very long time. Travel on an aircraft is now something to be endured, not enjoyed so vast numbers of people will choose to minimise the overall pain by choosing the very cheapest flight there is after any sense of brand loyalty has been so badly sabotaged by the "captains of industry" greedily scoffing from the trough at AIR.
    Last edited by Beagle; 05-06-2020 at 10:23 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

I was thinking the same thing - where is the leader?? (Foran) - perhaps he thought he would be asked too many hard questions.
    yes could have said they are non refundable tickets - hard one not their fault, not the customer fault - but could do a lot better with the credits - e.g maybe have the option of giving the credit to whomever paid for the tickets

To state the obvious Air NZ is a major corporate with only one goal in mind- ( eventual) PROFIT
    The path to that at the moment is to limit the outflow of cash in any way possible.
    They fully realise that their current actions will dent their reputation in the short term but are prepared to deal with that later.
    There is nothing to be gained for them by enabling customers to contact them easily. They have the cash and they’re keeping it.
    The media and customers and ‘sharetraders’ can gnash their gums endlessly but the entity they are dealing with is a corporate, pure and simple, acting as corporates do, by protecting and driving the business with whatever it takes.
    Personal circumstances do not register in the corporate mentality.
    Foran and his new head of HR are expert technicians in this arena.
    The market, which this corporate strives to please, continues to indicate the success of their strategy.
    Last edited by biker; 05-06-2020 at 10:52 AM.

Jeez guys this give me MY money is raging on for weeks but AIR simply cannot afford to do that at this time without putting themselves at massive financial risk. They are in a corner, the alternative is maybe a foreign speaking airline servicing NZ and everybody loses.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dreamcatcher View Post
    Jeez guys this give me MY money is raging on for weeks but AIR simply cannot afford to do that at this time without putting themselves at massive financial risk. They are in a corner, the alternative is maybe a foreign speaking airline servicing NZ and everybody loses.
    I understand the financial position the company is in and I'm happy with my credits now that I can use them partially.
    They say they'll have an online solution to using them in 5 weeks and that will make it even better.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamcatcher View Post
    Do airlines talk? If they do, what does it matter whether they talk "foreign"? Any airline talks foreign in all but one country ... and to be honest - I never considered how they talk when I purchased a flight. I do look at their safety ratings, the quality and reliability of their service, their customer focus and at the price of the ticket.

Air NZ is clearly seriously lacking in some of these regards. Their customer focus is revolting and their service (looking after customers who out of no fault of their own could not use the service they paid for) - non existent. If this is what you are calling "talking local", then please - can we have some more "foreign talking" airlines?

AIR NZ is not servicing NZ, they are milking New Zealanders. A "service" we well could do without.
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 05-06-2020 at 11:19 AM.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Investor

Seems as though there is reverse correlation between brand damage and share price. More bad reputation, higher the price seem to be going...

Missed by that much

I am going to defend AIr Nz on the credit issue .I had booked for my wife to fly Wellington to Queenstown on the day before lockdown, and being the cheapskate I am I booked the cheapest fare, and that is non-refundable. When Jacinda announced that where you are n the Wednesday night is where you stay for the next 4 weeks, I rang Air NZ and cancelled the trip, fully expecting that I would wear the loss. I was very pleased to receive a credit for that trip.

Incidentally Sounds Air also issued a credit for the portion Picton to Wellington and that was also a non-refundable ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Jantar View Post
    I am going to defend AIr Nz on the credit issue .I had booked for my wife to fly Wellington to Queenstown on the day before lockdown, and being the cheapskate I am I booked the cheapest fare, and that is non-refundable. When Jacinda announced that where you are n the Wednesday night is where you stay for the next 4 weeks, I rang Air NZ and cancelled the trip, fully expecting that I would wear the loss. I was very pleased to receive a credit for that trip.

Incidentally Sounds Air also issued a credit for the portion Picton to Wellington and that was also a non-refundable ticket.
    If the airline cannot provide the service that you booked, then there are certain rights under the CGA and FTA. Some airlines are portraying themselves as being generous when in fact, they are merely (nearly) obeying the law.

@BlackPeter (looking after customers who out of no fault of their own could not use the service they paid for)

Same could be said for AIR (through no fault of their own could NOT DELIVER the service paid for)