sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    they might not have to use the govt loan , cost cutting may bring them back to profit alone.

Last Friday, Greg Foran did state in no uncertain terms AIR would need to start drawing down on the govt loan within a couple of months AND would need ALL of it. (& this without refunding any of pax prepaid airfares) .
    Presumably things haven't changed that much over the weekend!

they might not have to use the govt loan , cost cutting may bring them back to profit alone.
    beagles short covering is driving the price higher lol
    You're first comment flies directly in the face of what the CEO said on Friday. Nobody suddenly conjures up a spare billion out of thin air. We don't live in some "Alice in Wonderland alternative reality" mate.

My short went on at $2.80. I am very comfortable.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

profitable from 2022 and 70% of its previous size on CNBC ASIA news.

Now can someone please explain a share of price of 1.75?

it can only be described as a complete D.....

im with the Brilliant MR B on this one....

2024 ? i think this is a 5 year story on this stock.

I think we are all going to be flying Air Singapore back to europe in 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzingironmansinlgescul View Post
    profitable from 2022 and 70% of its previous size on CNBC ASIA news.

Now can someone please explain a share of price of 1.75?

it can only be described as a complete D.....

im with the Brilliant MR B on this one....

2024 ? i think this is a 5 year story on this stock.

I think we are all going to be flying Air Singapore back to europe in 2022.
    You're on too it ! I also think this is a 5 year story, won't make any meaningful money until FY25. That would be my choice for a trip to Switzerland too, one of the last airlines to have decent sized economy seats and really spacious business class that is REAL business class. Still working on Mrs Beagle, she's a very reluctant flyer.
    Last edited by Beagle; 08-06-2020 at 02:17 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    You're on too it ! I also think this is a 5 year story, won't make any meaningful money until FY25. That would be my choice for a trip to Switzerland too, one of the last airlines to have decent sized economy seats and really spacious business class that is REAL business class. Still working on Mrs Beagle, she's a very reluctant flyer.
    Many of my high flying friends caught out by AIR's non refund policy.......in future they will only travel on airlines that are required by law to refund. Not a good look for AIR messing with their once loyal customers, taking advantage of a legal loophole that needs closing.

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    Many of my high flying friends caught out by AIR's non refund policy.......in future they will only travel on airlines that are required by law to refund. Not a good look for AIR messing with their once loyal customers, taking advantage of a legal loophole that needs closing.
    I wouldn't mind having a few quid betting that your friends will have memories like an elephant. AIR are burning up high value customer goodwill quicker than an F111 burning av gas in a dump and burn https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpPEdOMSIgQ Mrs B and I nearly burst our eardrums when one of those puppies flew overhead at 100 feet in full afterburner at an airshow at Whenuapai a few years back

I see Avalon airshow has been deferred to November 2021 (shortly after some old dog turns 60). https://www.airshow.com.au/airshow2021/index.asp
    Attending that has been on my bucket list for a while. Americans might be kind enough to send an F22 over again. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJD1xZZCNAA
    Once upon a time some pretty good Ford's were made at Geelong...how times have changed
    Last edited by Beagle; 08-06-2020 at 02:52 PM.

Veteran novice

one of the last airlines to have decent sized economy seats and really spacious business class that is REAL business class.
    But will they still have those big seats in 2025, Beagle?

"Now we can safely fill those planes" - Jacinda Arden, 8 June 2020

Legend.

I wouldn't mind having a few quid betting that your friends will have memories like an elephant. AIR are burning up high value customer goodwill quicker than an F111 burning av gas in a dump and burn https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpPEdOMSIgQ Mrs B and I nearly burst our eardrums when one of those puppies flew overhead at 100 feet in full afterburner at an airshow at Whenuapai a few years back

I see Avalon airshow has been deferred to November 2021 (shortly after some old dog turns 60). https://www.airshow.com.au/airshow2021/index.asp
    Attending that has been on my bucket list for a while. Americans might be kind enough to send an F22 over again. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJD1xZZCNAA
    Once upon a time some pretty good Ford's were made at Geelong...how times have changed
    One of my greatest travel "cock ups" was booking what appeared to be dirt cheap Jetstar fares for the wife and I from Melbourne to Sydney, made even better by the fact that our friends in Sydney (with whom we were to stay) were in Melbourne, and flying to Sydney (albeit on Virgin) at the same time as us and offered us a lift in their paid-for work taxi.

I sent the flight details to my friend, who kindly informed me that I had inadvertently booked a flight leaving from Avalon airport (yep, didn't check the booking).

$150 for an Uber later, and that cheap flight wasn't such a good deal.

Bloody hell! You’re younger than me! I thought you were one of the “old codgers” here

I see Avalon airshow has been deferred to November 2021 (shortly after some old dog turns 60)