sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    The loans are priced for risk. As you state, AIR is a very very risky stock - even for a govt with access to our deep pockets!
    What a lender of last resort would ask for eh mac

Some might say AIR lucky to get it this cheap
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    TSA is number of passengers passing through security in the US.

Interesting eh

@carlquintinalla
    The trendline of TSA passenger traffic implies a recovery to pre-COVID-19 levels by August. “We realize this sounds ludicrous. And we do not necessarily think what will happen. But the rising mobility of Americans suggest that industry experts may be too negative..”’- @fundstrat
    Sure - interesting picture.

I think however they forgot to pencil in the second wave into the extrapolation. Just a minor detail, though :
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    sharesis crowd must made a killing buying in around a dollar
    That's true Bull but wonder how many of that crowd have given consideration to a profit take position - from hard won experience, I ignored my own profit take position on a stock and it was at my peril but I had a partial stop loss on the way down but still hopelessly underwater on that stock but have resigned myself to be happy to hold for a while but have changed my profit take target to get my money back! I had considered a double down when it hit some frankly dumb levels during lockdown but I had other things on my mind.

On the other hand, I reached my profit take position and then some on a partial takeover for RBD shares which realised anything from 2.0x to 9.5x+ return depending on the tranche I accumulated so I sold down most of my stake and it's now north of $12.50 after being as high north of $14 - so more fool me for not having faith.

But that's the lumps with investing in equities.

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Sure - interesting picture.

I think however they forgot to pencil in the second wave into the extrapolation. Just a minor detail, though :
    Indeed. Keep extrapolating that line and you get...………..

Guru

yes and AIR has taken off again for the day... obviously havnt read the NZ herald article. I suspect most of these people have never had to sell a share with a loss position. Another article on CNBC describing how younger investors took there sisters , cousins, cheques and invested on robin hood. But these investors cant have moved the markets on just that. A lot of leverage must have gone into the reflation as it is just to big a move surely.

There has been widespread derision and contempt against AIR for the way its been treating its customers lately and rightly so.
    There is also widespread bewilderment as to how the current share price is warranted given the profoundly serious implications both past and ongoing that have and will affect the business extremely seriously for the foreseeable future. They have fully deserved the very severe criticism they have received.

Greg Foran did a half reasonable mea cupla in the media last Friday and Cam Wallace did a very good job on TV 3's breakfast program this morning of finally saying on behalf of the company that they are very sorry for what has gone on so I don't need to give them any further kicking or barking but won't be taking it easy on them because someone who frankly in my opinion adds very little to this forum was disrespectful to me above with a thinly veiled personal attack, but because the airline has finally, (after all this time), come out and honestly and frankly admitted why they can't refund the money, (because they'd go broke), and finally said they are genuinely sorry for their appalling bad customer service in recent months. I guess its better late than never.

If investors get a belting on this one it won't be because experienced investors on here didn't warn them including Mark Lister of Craigs in the press today.
    Last edited by Beagle; 10-06-2020 at 06:51 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

I think it is a very real concern of experienced investors,not just here, seeing the newbies etc loading up on AIR.
    I too think this is going to end in tears.
    AIR's market capitalisation today at $1.86 is $2,088,426,682..My valuation is just over $2 billion lower at zero.
    I expect there will be a great number of posts in future:"I should have listened to you Beagle."

While gnashing of teeth continues on this thread, Air NZ announces another positive surprise.

Air New Zealand to resume flights to Japan in late June

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    There has been widespread derision and contempt against AIR for the way its been treating its customers lately and rightly so.
    There is also widespread bewilderment as to how the current share price is warranted given the profoundly serious implications both past and ongoing that have and will affect the business extremely seriously for the foreseeable future. They have fully deserved the very severe criticism they have received.

Greg Foran did a half reasonable mea cupla in the media last Friday and Cam Wallace did a very good job on TV 3's breakfast program this morning of finally saying on behalf of the company that they are very sorry for what has gone on so I don't need to give them any further kicking or barking but won't be taking it easy on them because someone who frankly in my opinion adds very little to this forum was disrespectful to me above with a thinly veiled personal attack, but because the airline has finally, (after all this time), come out and honestly and frankly admitted why they can't refund the money, (because they'd go broke), and finally said they are genuinely sorry for their appalling bad customer service in recent months. I guess its better late than never.

If investors get a belting on this one it won't be because experienced investors on here didn't warn them including Mark Lister of Craigs in the press today.
    I think you are too kind, it is one of the worst management performances I have seen for a long time and that is even with the luck of the media not even getting to the heart of everything they have been doing. Show some tangible action, sorry is easily said and just a word.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    ....someone who frankly in my opinion....
    om mani peme hum